Aiptasia problem

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dieselbreath

Lost in the salty water
Where would a person pick up syringes to inject the little pests? Or would I be better off to go get peppermint shrimp. I currently have a yellow tailed blue damsel, blue-green reef fish, and a black/white clown, also a cleaner shrimp. Will there be any problems with peppermints and the above mentioned fish?

Jason the newbie

I can get you some Jason, my wife works for a vet, and Joe's Juice comes with one. Where you located?

I'm in monroe. Let me know the best way to get them from you. Thanks a bunch.
Jason

I was down your way just yesterday. Probably not again for a couple weeks. I work in Kirkland if your near there. Otherwise I will try and get hooked up with you soon.
Jason

You know they have needle exchange services for that type of thing, maybe if you feel brave...go looking threw some dumpsters or something and get yourself a nice new clean one for free. :lol:

Dieselbreath said:
Where would a person pick up syringes to inject the little pests? Or would I be better off to go get peppermint shrimp. I currently have a yellow tailed blue damsel, blue-green reef fish, and a black/white clown, also a cleaner shrimp. Will there be any problems with peppermints and the above mentioned fish?

Jason the newbie

I use the little syringes that come in the Salifert test kits. They seem to work rather well.

Any farm animal supply store would have them. If you can't find any I have a pack that I never used. I bought them and my peppermint Shrimp ate the anenomes pretty much the same day. They also ate a large curly cue that my wife loved :rolleyes:

I bought two pepermint shrimp to eat mine but they disapeared the first day... One I found later in my overflow and the other... Random. Anyhow - I suppose if you're going to get any of those guys, think bigger. I still have my aiptasia, there's one dangerously close to my torch coral... :eek: Good luck!

Dieselbreath said:

Jason the newbie

i would get the peppermints. 2-3 will do the job.

- Elmo

So when the aiptasia is gone what will the peppermint want to dine on? Or will the aiptasia grow fast enough to keep them fed.

Jason

You definatly dont want aptasia to grow fast enough to feed the shrimp, that will defeat the whole purpose

Back