Air stone skimmers: Beware of the wrong items sent!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mojoreef said:
Hmmm Alberto mine runs slightly larger then a pinhead. Try turning down the air a bit and keep the wet neck going

I've run it all the way from bleeding most of the air to no air bleed and the air bubbles are exactly the same size. That is why I started to think maybe I got the wrong ones in the first place. Since I did not notice any difference at all, I run it now with all the air going through it.

dgasmd said:
I've run it all the way from bleeding most of the air to no air bleed and the air bubbles are exactly the same size. That is why I started to think maybe I got the wrong ones in the first place. Since I did not notice any difference at all, I run it now with all the air going through it.
I have the same experience, but as you were discribing in the final analysis of the air driven skimmer you have, I too must say it is still out doing my old beckett skimmer and I'm still very pleased with the results. However, I will say that I was not too pleased with the run around I got about my questions when I was unsure if I had the right stones.

Alberto, have you talked to Cletus yet?? I think he's their head technician :)
So what's the resolution now? Just stick with these airstones? Have you tried contacting the people that actually make them?

GregM779 said:
Alberto, have you talked to Cletus yet?? I think he's their head technician :)
So what's the resolution now? Just stick with these airstones? Have you tried contacting the people that actually make them?

Greg:

That guy's name sounds almost perverted:D :D

I am still using the same stones. I will not change anything until maybe when Sequence comes out with their needdle wheel impeller. They are in testing/R+D now, but shows a lot of promise. I already have the pump for it :D :D

RGibson said:
dgasmd are you going from air to needdle wheel?

Read my quote below:

dgasmd said:
I am still using the same stones. I will not change anything until maybe when Sequence comes out with their needdle wheel impeller. They are in testing/R+D now, but shows a lot of promise. I already have the pump for it

Alberto take a look at the fine-pore diffusers A-L-R 150-cp from AES

Thay will produce smaller bubbles then the air stones you are now using .

Back