ajnweb's new Salona

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ajnweb, Tony was gracious enough to have us over to visit, and pick up some cool frags, and take some pictures of his newest addition to his addiction!! Tony, your new tank is beautiful!!! I'll let him fill in the specifics. We were all under a bit of a time constraint, so didn't get a lot of time, but here's a few pics.

3334606084_0c13cca8e1_b.jpg

3333771823_7816810e06_b.jpg

3334606632_1900d33d27_b.jpg

This guy didn't want to hold still. Here are a few good ones. The rest were BLURRY!!!

3334606896_f83d54f165_b.jpg

3334607362_bb4f510da2_b.jpg

3334607622_fbe10f8e3b_b.jpg

3334608388_1b02e41f15_b.jpg

3334607950_32f4dd4d79_b.jpg

Tony, thanks for having us over!! Let's do it again soon and take lots more pics!! Oh and thanks for the awesome frags!!!

Last edited:
Awesome pictures Michael, ezpecially the Dragon Faced Pipefish. He seemed to be very photogenic today!

The tank is a 34 Gallon Solana, with Chaeto and Chemipure in the sump area. I also added an auto topoff float switch as the standard top offs don't seem to work real well. The standard skimmer seems to be skimming, we will see how it does in the next few weeks. When I have some time I will post a new thread and pics of the tank, without the "frag rack" once the frags have sold.

I too have seen this tank in person, and those pics of the dragonface are awesome! Those are such cool fish . . . awesome start you got going.

I have been running a mechanical float switch on all my tanks for quite a while now. In my RODI holding tank I have a MJ1200 hooked up to a 1/4" blue water line, the line has a T'd off outlet that allows it to drip back into the tank so even when the float switches are shut, there is still some flow through the MJ1200. The float switch itself is a small white air filled plastic bulb, about 1" diameter and about 3" long. As the water drops the float sinks, allowing water to drip into the tank. On bigger tanks with high evap rates, the water almost constanlty drips into the tank, works pretty good! If you are interested I can get you some pics of the setup, I might try to get some pictures done today or tomorrow of the tank.

What kind of float switch did you add?

Nice shots Michael! Tony your tank is awsome man! Very clean and nicley set up! It's great to see it in person!

Charlie, you're right!! That's a Wall Hammer I believe. They have such a different look than a branching Hammer. They're awesome!! His is sooo bright. Tyler, thanks very much.
Tony, you should try and get pics of your ATO assembly. It's very neat and effective. You did a great job putting it together!

I had been wanting a metalic green hammer for quite some time as well, Kind of lucked into that one at Kevins! I am running T5's so hopefully the hammer will like that light :)

Took me 5 years of bending someone's ear before I got my piece Sid!!!!! It doesn't like alot of light, which is kind of nice because you can use it as a vacant spot filler.:D:D:D

I think you will be just fine with the T5's. When Kevin had that coral in his home tank, it was pretty shaded by all the growth above it. Let me see if I can dig up a pic of it from "back in the day".:D:D:D

Back