Alert!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

tomorrow and Sunday right Thur Monday will be very very hot for most of the country....

Id like to take this second(s) to remind everyone to get rdy to power outages, as surely the power grid will be swamped..

also have a good amount of fresh water rdy just in case

stay cool

this has bin a general service announcement

(i just fueled and started my genarator)

I've already been through my major power outage for the year. The tank was down for 6-7 hours. I tried using a UPS but my koralias wouldn't run on it and the main pump sucked the power out of it to quick. I know I need something in place, but in general the entire electrical system needs work.

eh.... west coasters (j/k) LOL

its gonna be hot.... I just wanna throw the general service adviser out there.
for whom it may effect tomarrow...

keep an eye on your temps, top offs, and have RoDI water rdy 4 salt just in case.

My three heaters ran until 10:30 AM today. I dont see that changing any time soon. :p

We've already started our heat wave this week. It was 89F today, with a heat index of 94F....AND because of all the tornados, we've also had a lengthy power outage. I keep the house set at 74F, so my chiller hasn't had to run, yet.

We've had to deal with flooding issues, too - one of the streets near me was closed due to high water. It receded off the road now, but you can still see the water off to the side. My neighbor's back up sump pump couldn't keep up with the incoming water in their basement. Fortunately for us, the power came back on right before the water in our basement reached 2 inches. This has been a bad last couple of weeks for us with severe weather. When the tornado came through last week, we ended up with a couple of trees down in the back. We were a lot more fortunate then other folks in our area.

Grenmonkey

I run a Korillia 3 on a ups. I only run one on it but it runs for 5-6 hours. I have the newer ones with the metal shafts. It chatters for about 30 seconds but it always starts up.

We've had to deal with flooding issues, too - one of the streets near me was closed due to high water. It receded off the road now, but you can still see the water off to the side. My neighbor's back up sump pump couldn't keep up with the incoming water in their basement. Fortunately for us, the power came back on right before the water in our basement reached 2 inches. This has been a bad last couple of weeks for us with severe weather. When the tornado came through last week, we ended up with a couple of trees down in the back. We were a lot more fortunate then other folks in our area.

Wow! Glad to hear all is good. I havent had any power outages YET :|...But man oh man did I think the world was coming to an end this morning. Bad storms from about 5am till about 10am.

MC lighting has one of the most elaborate and well thought out back up electrical systems I have ever seen. If your looking for assistance in that area, he's definately one to talk to.

Nick

well.. u just got done serviceing the genarator and stuff... so im feeling good about the "if i loose power" thing

its not big enough for both tanks... i think it will only run about half of my big tank...
but the small tank would run fine on that genarator.

one day i will get one of the little red honda's

i was thinking about geting the current 1/5hp chiller... 300bucks.. would serve nice for me when and if i needed it.

Wow! Glad to hear all is good. I havent had any power outages YET :|...But man oh man did I think the world was coming to an end this morning. Bad storms from about 5am till about 10am.

No kidding! The lightning was something else! On the way to work I had to stop to see if a lady that drove off the road needed assistance. I thought I was going to get struck by lightning when I got out of the vehicle. The roads were terribly flooded during all that rain, and I was nervous driving across some of the water. Holy cow!

Now that the rain has gone, can we say HUMID??!! The forecast says it is going to be 89F tomorrow. I wonder what its going to be with the heat index :eek:! Shoot, its 10pm and 81F.....and with the heat index it's 87. Not refreshing at all going outside. At least the power stayed on today, so the basement didn't flood. Sheesh - I hope I didn't complain about any temps below zero or loads of snow this past winter :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear your side of town didn't have any power issues when the tornadoes came through. I think most of the trees that were knocked over down our street are pretty much all cleaned up.

Boy I guess in the PNW we should quit whining about our cold rain and snow in the mountains in June. Its definately better than tornados, hurricanes, floods, heat waves and the power outages that typically go hand and hand with them .

Back