Algae

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

iroll253

So I've got a small algae bloom.

They are single green strands of algae but don't have the ferns like bryopsis.

Ive seen alot of pics with people having this algae on there frag plugs.

Can anyone id without pic?

turf or hail algae most likely. I never worry about it as my clean up crew polishes it off pretty quick. Usually I can even find the frag when the sailfin is done with it...LOL

I feel it but this tank is only 11 gallons so no tang for that also im only using snails no hermits. I need to get some fuzzy chintons.. Im hoping the coraling taking off on the acrylic sump will continue and spread over the rock in the display tank eventually.

looks to be a fairly new set up, some of that just comes with a new tank. First colonizers of many to come.

my guide to algae sucess..

hair/turf algae on rocks, astreas
any green/brown algae on substrate/bottom, fighting conch.

big leafed algae (lettuce or something algae) hand removal when it gets big enough.. lol

Yeah ive been picking it off the rocks as it comes. As far as the stuff on the substrate ive added a temporary koralia 1. The coraline spotting in the sump doubles every day so I'm being patient and not adding anything.

Gotta get my post count up before I can PM. I will be in North Bend for their annual pig roast if you wanted to meet up then. I think it is the 3rd week of July.
Let me know, thanks.

Back