ALK help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Either a water change or it will gradually fall in due time as long as your not adding anything into your water that is making it rise.

It’s possible if too much is dosed too quickly into the system. From my understanding pickling lime is a cheaper form of kalkwasser which if used in a top off fashion should be administered gradually throughout a 24hr period. Like in a drip setup.

It’s possible if too much is dosed too quickly into the system. From my understanding pickling lime is a cheaper form of kalkwasser which if used in a top off fashion should be administered gradually throughout a 24hr period. Like in a drip setup.

I'm trying to keep it simple and automated. I'm using an auto top off with pickle lime in the ro/di water. My alk is a little to high, maybe I should back off on the lime and see if it drops.

OK onto my next question. I have a 260 w coralife compact lighting unit. How many hours a day should I keep the lighting on and do I run my actinics with full spectrums at the same time? I know actinics come on first and off last but do they stay on after the full spectrums come on?

Ten hours is usually the norm...
Actually the actinics are more for your pleasure so it’s up to you if you want them on during the whole photoperiod or not. Most people usually do.

Back