All Nano Nuts Unite!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Chuck was gracious enough to supply us with a Nano Reef forum!!! Thanks Chuck!! Now, this is a challenge to a Reef Frontier Nano Nuts!! Let's get our Nano tanks posted. Let's make sure that when someone googles a question about a Nano tank that Reef Frontiers is one of the first finds!!!

I hope 34 is ok, if so I will move my solana tank thread over! Thanks Michael!

Actually, of the several Nano forums I've been involved in, some have specific rules, others don't. Of the ones that do have specific rules, it varies from 34 to 40 as maximum size to qualify as a "Nano." Most don't have specific guidelines.

Yeah, a couple of months ago I was heavily involved in a thread about the question "What is a nano" over at another site. The question was raised to establish hard guidelines about what tanks could be discussed in the Nano Tanks Forum. In the end, those who promoted a more inclusive definition of a nano tank prevailed.

At this time, I do not see a need to post hard restrictions on who can post in this forum. You pretty much figure that we will not get many tanks larger than 34 gallons in this forum exept for the occasional 40-gallon breader tank.

I'm just glad that we have our own Nano Tanks Forum! I gotta take some pictures of our two tanks.

g

Under 40? I always thought that "nano" would be smaller. hmmmmm..... I've gon an empty 29 and an extra backpack skimmer. All I'd need is some lights and a Koralia. I might have to join the Nano club!:eek: must----fight--- the--- urge:lol:

Under 40? I always thought that "nano" would be smaller. hmmmmm..... I've gon an empty 29 and an extra backpack skimmer. All I'd need is some lights and a Koralia. I might have to join the Nano club!:eek: must----fight--- the--- urge:lol:

Resistance is futile!

The nice thing about a nano forum is the Q and A related to nanos without cluttering the thread. For example: How much water do you change and how often.
This sort of question would get such a variety of responses that in no way would help a new nano reefer.
Its been needed for a long time.

Don

I still maintain my 72 is a nano. It used to be my QT to the big display before moving and stuffing it with all my softys.

Yah Yah, OK fine. It isn't a nano. Guess the new addition, 29 bio-cube home for the Bangai pair will have to do. Will post pics once I acquire some sand for it. (will also have a shrimp/goby pair.

I think a good "rule of thumb," would be that any of the AIO (All in one) units would be considered a Nano. Since you can buy an AIO 34, that should definitely fall into the "Nano" category. Although, I don't really see it being necessary to establish any set rules as to what's a Nano. I've seen other forums create such rules, because of posts in which people got into arguments over what defined a "nano" tank. We're a great and friendly community. I don't see this happening here.

My 40B is a nano in my book. :p It's as close to a nano as I'll get anyway. Not that I need any more aquariums, but my mom is giving me back the 29gal I gave her and I'm thinking of making it a dwarf seahorse/pipefish tank. I'm sure Mike will have strong words against that though. :rolleyes: Or I could use it as my quarentine and setup a third 40B. :D

So when you can get the 65gal Red Sea Max AIO that is a nano? JK. I hope to get my dual 10 gal back up. then I get to join.

Yeah nano-reefs! Personally I'm excited to have a nano area, as that's all I'm able to have due to space, time, and expense. I have a 12g Nano-Cube that's a macro algae factory, and a 20g set up as a peninsula. Next task is to link them together...

Back