Allen's Damsel aggressive?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

csrdph

I'm thinking about adding 3 allen's damsels(Pomacentrus alleni) to a 300 gal reef. They would be the first fish in there. I have approx. 500 lbs of LR in there now. Are these fish aggressive or relatively peaceful? Does anyone have any experience with them? I don't want anything mean in the tank!:?:
Thanks

I dont have any experince with that exact fish. Most damsels are aggresive to some extent. I have had good luck with figi damsels as not being to mean. Clownfish are just as hardy. If thats your concern. More important than the fish, is how long has your rock been in the tank, whats your Am, NI, and NA levels, plus salinity and ph. If your at 0 am, 0 ni, and less than 10 na your good to go with almost anyfish.

Thanks for your input. Yes, the water quality is fine. I bought cured rock and it's been in there for a couple of months so not too worried about that. I just thought they were really pretty and was thinking about adding them. I've always had good luck with chromis not being too aggressive and was told these had a similar temperment but wasn't sure. Nice to see if anyone has tried them!:exclaim:
Thanks

Back