almost crash\why its good to do these things,

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

Wow could i make a longer title that that.....

since i have a few hours, Ill explain(not gonna take that long)

First off,
"why its good to do these things"

Good to check your tank at the same time every day, (routine)
i check my tank's (all of them) at 4:15am. i top off the majors, 10g (didnt/don check the temp)
check my tanks temp. open the sump door, and look at the return side water level, and then to the other side, of the bassment, turn the lights over the lagoon on, top that off with a splash of top off to (a lot less crittical) almost no testing checking at all on that.

well
so today, come home, cats bitching at me like screaming (like normal) make the checks, go to the tanks.
my tank fine, the bassment, all's good, on the way past the majors tank, i say let me check you out.....

"almost crash"
88.6 degree..... 1st thing to stand out to me, was my blue and green shrooms looking like, Well not what they look like after 7hours, of light,

this tank does get a large ph swing, and i really am pretty lackadaisical with this tank.... the majors one hardy fish, so after i look at the shrooms then i looked at the temp....

unpluged the heater, fans on the tank now... im sure everything will be fine, my one sps frag thats just starting to take off, isnt looking good (but the heater might have bin acting up)

i dont know how long the hole situation has bin doing... some times i can get the wife, to look at the tanks b4 she leaves (5 hours after i do)

ill keep you posted,
Picture352.jpg

What really? I check my tanks once a week and I have never had that situation. Try putting everything you have on GFIs and controllers. That way you can't have a spike or an electrical issue.

Im haveing doubts, to as if it was really 88... (geting 85 now)
did some double checking with the thermometers and i could be off...

the shrooms are starting to inflate again. as the temp is slowly comeing down,
my salts way off... (but thats what i get for not checking) ill fix that over the next couple, of days,

couple hours to bring to down to low 80's

Last edited:
my big tank is on controller,

my little project tanks are "project"

zero cost, freebee setups, old equipment, frags, of my own.. just lucky i got it in time,

next question is gonna be temperature, accuracy and calibration,

how should we know the temp is correct,

Back