Aluvions Cube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Aluvion

With help from old and new friends my 28g Cube is up, running and stocked! This gateway tank back to the hobby from a 12 year hiatus was really fun. The PSAS and Reef Frontiers are great resources for the Hobby, and I am glad I was pointed your way. I have included snapshots of my tank, for those concerned about the Mandarin... well I share that as well. It was a well meaning gift from a family member, and I will do my best to keep it going with Ocean Pods and whatever else it will eat. (It does eat Brine and Prawn Roe)... so keep your fingers crossed :) All levels are holding steady, and looking good. I do about a 5 Gallon Water Change weekly to help with the bio load, but I have not seen any spikes prior to doing the changes. It is a big load on the tank, so i am monitoring it daily. I hope to segue into a 150-180 within 12 to 18 months.

Tank Specs
JBJ 28g Nano HQI
150 Watt MH 14K
Aqua C Remora Skimmer
Live Rock Rubble in Back (instead of the 3 way chamber)
1 Mandarin Goby
1 Clown Wrasse
1 Lineatus Fairy Wrasse
1 Firefish
1 Orange Spot Goby
1 Neon Cleaner Goby
1 Torch Coral
1 Frogspawn Coral
1 Red Montipora
1 Purple Squamosa Clam
2 Green Sarcophytons
2 Ricordias (Green and Red)
Various Mushrooms
2 Cleaner Shrimp
2 Emerald Crabs
Snails (many)
2 Pistal Shrimp

I have some Mexicana in the tank, and run some carbon.

PH 8.2
Temp 79 -81
Nitrates < 10
Nitrites 0
Cal 400
DKH 9.8

I have more photos in the Gallery under Aluvions Cube

Mandarin

looks really nice. I want a mandarin too. how long has your tank been up and running?

My tank has only been set up for 2 months, that is why I am leary of the Mandarins chance for success. I am feeding Ocean Pods a couple a times a months trying to build up a population in the rock and Mexicana. It does eat roe and mysis and brine, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Here are some pictures

Back