Amount of Bowing In Your Acrylic Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

How much does your Arcylic Tank Bow?

• Total voters
Faciosity said:
Scratches on the outside aren't even the worst part of it! I had quite a few from a small collapse of rockwork inside mine. And what a pain to scrape off coraline without scratching your tank!
Sorry, didn't mean to start an acrylic hating seminar, but I won't ever want one again!

Haha! Yea it's a toss up. There's a lot to consider when it comes to acrylic tanks. So many pros and of course cons. Personally I like the idea of having an acrylic tank after the tank has matured and completely cycled. Give me a glass tank first and let the coraline and algae grow where it wants. When all is settled, transfer to an acrylic tank and not have to worry about having to mess with the inside of the tank walls as much. :)

Glad to see participation on this thread. Its usually these smaller questions that get overlooked real easily and always have me wondering

07FocusST said:
Glad to see participation on this thread. Its usually these smaller questions that get overlooked real easily and always have me wondering

Man, if you wonder even the smallest of things, start a thread and ask it. This is why I love RF so much! All threads are accepted here no matter how simple it may seem. Even repeat questions are answered without being told to go and do a search on it. I've had threads removed several times on other car forums for asking something that was discussed already. Here you would never have that happen. :)

My 75 freswater planted has about a 1/2" bow in it. Dosen't bother me as of now but if the seems were to let loose that might be another story...

Airphotog said:
My 75 freswater planted has about a 1/2" bow in it. Dosen't bother me as of now but if the seems were to let loose that might be another story...

What's the tanks thickness?

Krish, I will measure it when I get home. I think it came out of a pet shop. When I got it it had fish names and pricing on it.

Airphotog said:
Krish, I will measure it when I get home. I think it came out of a pet shop. When I got it it had fish names and pricing on it.

Lol! Cool...Should have come with the fish as well :p. I think Derrick wanted glass thickness to get an idea on which thicknesses are bowing on what sized tanks, :)

Last edited:
Back