Amphiprion bicinctus - babies

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Elmo18

Clownfish
Hi there, I thought i'd post a photo of Day 7 Bicinctus larvae. Not much gathered since the eggs hatched early, and I was late to notice...Lets hope the next one will be better. Nonetheless, about 30-40 viable larvae were gathered.

These are natives of the Red Sea. Otherwise known as Two-Band Clowns, Red Sea Clowns, or Bicinctus clowns. As adults, they develop really nice forked lyretails, rather than the convex tails of A. frenatus..A. melanopus, etc.

Day 7 larvae. More updates later.....

bicinctusday7.jpg

Mama and Papa with eggs below..notice they are melanistic.

bicinctus112706-2.jpg

Best,
Ilham

in that pic they do look alot like omans. congrats again Ilham!!!!

Last edited:
Ilham, you have your hands full with all these babies. How awesome what you are doing in raising these babies.

in that pic they do look alot like omans. congrats again Ilham!!!!

Shshhshs! *keeps quiet* They're Omans in disguise....j/k j/k..

SueT said:
Ilham, you have your hands full with all these babies. How awesome what you are doing in raising these babies.

Thank you for the compliments Sue. I'm still far away to where I want to attempt to raise more of the clownfish species.

Sushi Reef said:
how many types of Amphiprion do you have laying eggs?

Have raised 5 different Amphiprion species so far.......

Best,
Ilham

Congrats Ilham...

on a side not I am excited because my GSM's have been layings eggs

Congrats Ilham...

on a side not I am excited because my GSM's have been layings eggs

Sweet Chris!

Something is right, and they are liking your tank :) I bet those anemones help, too!

I hope your corals and other LPS/softies are doing ok after the outage. Hopefully my next tank i'll keep corals....but for now just anemones and clowns.

Did any montipora make it?

Best,
Ilham

Just an updated photo...

Only 6 survived from a first batch of 27 or so. Not a great success, but I'll keep trying with this species.

They are all in the clear, with stripes, and one has a slight misbarring, which you can't see from this top down photo.

bicinctusbabies1.jpg

Best,
Ilham

Here's a photo of the same batch from yesterday. Already big, about 1.25". Second batch is on the way, and a third very soon.

bicinctusbaby2.jpg

Best,
Ilham

Looking Great Ilham!
Just out of curiousity, do you know anywhere to get healthy A.nigripes, or someone who is breeding them?

Nick

tell us more about the setup you used... and what u did 2 keep em alive.

Back