Amphiprion latezonatus (Wide-band Anemonefish)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Any pics Kevin?
Here are a couple pictures of my Amphiprion latezonatus. They prefer cooler waters and are susceptible to disease. I've lowered the tank temperature to 76F. We will see how that goes.

Cheers,
Kevin
Latezonatus.JPG

Latz1.JPG

OOO OOO i saw like 5 of those at aquarium paradise today first time i saw em they're awesome i didnt ask how much they wanted for em

Smiley Face, I'd bet what you saw where Clarkii Clownfish, which are totally different. It's highly unlikely you'd ever seen the kind of Clownfish that Kevin just got, in any LFS, without them being special ordered. They're not only VERY expensive, they're also quite hard to come by.

are those in the 450? Very nice
Yes. The pair of black & white A. ocellaris beat him up a little the first couple of days :mad: He is very peaceful but stood his ground even with the Achilles tang who tried to bully him also but gave up after a few min.
Although they are quite expensive they are so rare I couldn't pass it up.

Regards,
Kevin

Looking good Kevin! Hows it doing currently?
Due to its size, I'd bet money its a female...

Nick

Hi Nick,
They get an inch or two larger. I believe it hasn't changed all the way yet. From the pictures I've seen the adults lose the cool orange at the top and tail. Although it is doing quite well it still gets into it with the back & white ocellaris clownfish. The problem is logistical. The ocellaris are hosting in my T. gigas which is located at the end of the tank where I feed. Whenever I go near that end of the tank (which is many times a day) all the fish come begging for a treat including the latezonatus. The latezonatus doesn't give an inch to the ocellaris and the fight is on. I've tried to fish out the ocellaris but haven't been successful yet. I've also thought about moving the clam to the other end of the tank but it weighs around 50+ lbs and I can barely turn it let alone drag it eight feet to the other end.

Regards,
Kevin

Back