Anemone+Goby=?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

eliterecon14

Pajama Cardinal
What would happen if I put some little gobies like citrus gobies in my tank with a Bubble Tip Anemone, will it get eaten and also if I put six spot sleeper goby what would happen, this will determine if I get any gobies.Thanks

Bubble tips are one of the more less "aggressive" of the anenome's, so i think it would be okay as long as your tank is big enough...

good luck :)

-augustus

I've had RBTAs in 2 tanks for a couple of years and neither have ever eaten a fish. At times, I've had them split so had up to 3 in one tank...still no problems at all. One of these fish was a Mandarin, which is suggested to NOT be kept with anemones because of their slow, methodical swimming/hunting habits.

there is always a chance... anenome eats fish its nature.

im my experiance i have not had a issue with bubble tip anenomes eating fish. i had a helfrichi, orange prawn, mandrin with a bta all in a 24 gallon aquapod with no problems

I've had RBTAs in 2 tanks for a couple of years and neither have ever eaten a fish. At times, I've had them split so had up to 3 in one tank...still no problems at all. One of these fish was a Mandarin, which is suggested to NOT be kept with anemones because of their slow, methodical swimming/hunting habits.

while my madarin isnt a mandarin just a dragonet.... He knows very very very well.. that the Green thing is death... he comes very close to it at time.... when ever in a panic he will make sure he avoids it.

Ill have to agree with the above posters, I have a rather large gigantea and everything in my tank stays away from it.

i had a yellow watchman goby that would always post up on my green carpet and look around. in fact i'm pretty sure thats why i HAD a yellow watchman goby. lol!!

Back