Anenome

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

speedymichael

Arctic Fish
I purchased three anonome's last week and 2 of them are looking great. 1 of them just detached today (couple of min. ago) and is at the bottom of the tank deflated. Is this thing dead or did it just not like where he was at?

What kind of anemones? Is the mouth open and spaghetti like stuff coming out? Is it fairly firm or real mushy?

the spaghetti like stuff was coming out and it looked mushy. I think it is a haitian or a Florida Condi (looking at pictures)? I just got home and it is puffed back out? and the spaghetti stuff is gone.S
it went from a medium level position in the tank and now has atached itself to the bottom of the tank. I have two SE 250 watt metal halide bulbs. Would they prefer to be higher closer to the light?

Last edited:
May have been injured, and is no doubt stressed. Keep the water parameters perfect, and hopefully it will be fine. The deflating you see is likely the anemone exposing waste or acclimating itself to its new home.

Often anemones do this when put in new water. Most of an anmeones inflation is due to swelling with water. So, they often go through a water change which may take a few hrs. Pretty much what redvipe is getting at.

Back