Anenomes elimination ;)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

windwaterwaves

Aquaholic
So after doing a ton of research, and using aptasia x, joes juice etc. I stumbled across an amazing solution to eradicating majano and aptasia anenomes! I want to thank some of the people in the forums here as it is where I found the answer, herefishyfishy was one of the last ones commenting on it.. so thanks!

In the morning now I make a pot of coffee, and a pot of boiling hot water. I take a large syringe (farm places, stuff for horses) with a plastic feeding needle. I then sit in front of the tank while drinking my coffee and looking for the little *#&$@'s. I then put on my coralife gloves, draw 1 1/2 oz of boiling water and go to work. Using the needle I place it in front of the anenome and feed them boiling water, chasing them into their hole and give them about 1/2oz of water a piece. They simply are scalded to death ;)!!!

Having used the messy solutions, this is pure genius, and all of those murderous tendencies from seeing them in the tank are subsiding!

Good luck all, I just wanted to pass this on and keep the drive alive... my only problem now is the ones in my tubbs zoo's.... Don't want to scald them as well..

Ray

I have wanted to do this but how can i get a needle? Try explaining to a pharmacy....they look at you funny.

Cookie... Go to the local feed store or a veterinarian with pictures of your tank..., they have all kinds of horse syringes, and don't think twice. You can just use the syringe, or there are also plastic needles, they are great for target feeding mysis as well... They use them to clean ears etc..

Last edited:
So after doing a ton of research, and using aptasia x, joes juice etc. I stumbled across an amazing solution to eradicating majano and aptasia anenomes! I want to thank some of the people in the forums here as it is where I found the answer, herefishyfishy was one of the last ones commenting on it.. so thanks!

In the morning now I make a pot of coffee, and a pot of boiling hot water. I take a large syringe (farm places, stuff for horses) with a plastic feeding needle. I then sit in front of the tank while drinking my coffee and looking for the little *#&$@'s. I then put on my coralife gloves, draw 1 1/2 oz of boiling water and go to work. Using the needle I place it in front of the anenome and feed them boiling water, chasing them into their hole and give them about 1/2oz of water a piece. They simply are scalded to death ;)!!!

Having used the messy solutions, this is pure genius, and all of those murderous tendencies from seeing them in the tank are subsiding!

Good luck all, I just wanted to pass this on and keep the drive alive... my only problem now is the ones in my tubbs zoo's.... Don't want to scald them as well..

Ray
I had an ap[tasia in my Keds reds..
for this I had to use a tiny scooper full of KALK paste and smeared just the pest..
I managed to not kill any zoos..
you may loose one or two but you;ll kill the pest..

Cookie... Go to the local feed store or a veterinarian with pictures of your tank..., they have all kinds of horse syringes, and don't think twice. You can just use the syringe, or there are also plastic needles, they are great for target feeding mysis as well... They use them to clean ears etc..

Thanks! I actually went to a Rite Aid and the phamacy said that they have heard it all for people asking for syringes but he had never heard of the use I was requesting on for so he said it must be believealbe, handed me one and sent me on my way! I guess it never hurts to ask!

In our area, Big R has them, same with any feed store, like cenex or even Ace hardware.
They are in the animal section. With the medicines, and vacinations ect!
We used to raise goats and bought them for giving shots. :)

Back