Another Berghia group buy???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Anyone in the area interested in another Berghia group buy? I have quite a bit of live rock that's been cured and healthy, awaiting the 200. I'm finally getting the 200 aquascaped and have noticed quite a bit of Aiptasia. So, it looks like I might be ordering a few more. I figured I'd toss this out there, in case anyone else is interested.

I just got confirmation from Kyle that the Berghia are the same price as the last time we did this. $10.00 each, plus shipping, with free shipping if we order 40 or more. Last time we did this, we got quite a bit of interest and Berghia were very healthy, with several carrying eggs. Here's a link to our first group buy, if anyone is interested in reading about it. There's also a couple informative links provided, for the acclimation, care and general knowledge about Berghia.
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42857

Last edited:
Im in for at least two, saying that someone in the spokane area will be able to hold them for me for maybe a few days so that I can drive up to Spokane on a weekend and pick them up.

I might also be convinced to buy a few more if we're a few short of the free shipping.

sid put me down for however many i would need for a 75,FOR SURE.i want a couple for sure.i just posted looking for one or two of these..no luck....and i say however many because i dont have any experience with them so i dont know at what rate they eat the aiptasia.let me know.done deal for me.

Keith, most websites suggest a stocking rate of 1 per 10 gallons. That would mean you'd need 7 or 8 of them. However, I don't know if this is for a heavily infested tank, or what. I do know that they tend to work in a group and aren't as effective if you only have 1 or 2 in a tank. You let me know how many you think you need.

Wow, I hadn't heard that rule before. In that case go ahead and sign me up for five instead of two. That still won't get me up to 1 per 10g, but these little buggers can be kinda expensive!

In my second post of this thread, there is a link to our last group buy. On THAT thread, are some links to informative websites about Berghia. On those pages, you'll find a 1 per 10-12 gallon suggestion.

Going with a bit less than suggested, is also my plan, because of price. Although, Kyle's prices are much better than I've recently seen them listed other places.

oh sorry,time just got away from me....uhm sign me for 5,i dont know too much about the rate in which these things will eat,but i do know i have quite a few anenemes in the tank.i guess if they consume too fast ill just have to relocate a couple.sign me up for 5.

c mon people id rather this happen sooner than later as i have the aiptasia next to corals and such..i know i can use other methods to get rid of them but there are some that are upside down and ect ect,too close to corals now ect.not trying to be bossy....persistant ..:p

cuz you know ill still have to wait for shipping...lol

off subject sid i think i read a post about a meeting being at your place in sept? is that correct,and do we have to be in the reef club to attend?

Back