Another Berghia group buy???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

how many are we at now? and how much is shipping if the 40 isnt met......if this doesnt happen sometime in the somewhat near future im going to have to just order some...again im not trying to be a butt its just the same story different day,aiptasia too close to corals.

thanks

We're up to 31, including the 6 we plan to order. Figured if I didn't post how many we wanted, I'd forget...lol.

I have a PM in to Kyle, asking that question about shipping. I'd originally planned to let the thread go for about 3 weeks, because last time, there were several people who wanted them, but didn't see the thread until after the fact. I suppose it would have been good for me to post that 3 week time period in the first post. Sorry about that.

At this point, it'd be next week before we could afford our portion of the order anyway.

Keep in mind that you won't see any fast results with these guys. It typically takes several months to a year to see positive results, with a large infestation of Aiptasia.

I'll see what I can do to get the order finalized sooner.

Michael is correct about the Berghia being pretty slow at their job. Chances are you are going to have to deal with the aiptasia that are stinging your corals in another way and be patient with the berghia they eat slow but steady.

A quick option if you have zoa colonies etc with aiptasia stinging them is placing them in a seperate holding tank or cup with several berghia they will generally clear 2-5 aiptasia in a day this way. This is what i often due if i have colonies that have those hard to get aiptasia within them.

another thing you can do (if it's just one or two near a colony) is place a snail shell or small bit of rubble over the top of the anemone. This will cause them to move onto the shell and you can just throw the shell away. I've done it with a few problematic Aiptasia.

The suggestion that dew2loud1 gave, is a very good one, for rocks or corals that you can remove from your tank and treat separately. BTW, for those of you who don't know him, that's Kyle, the person we'll be getting our Berghia from!! Thanks for chiming in Kyle!!

Young-Luke....lol....I've never tried that method. Might have to attempt that and see how it works out. Unfortunately, a lot of mine aren't in areas where that'd work out, but some sure are.

Oh and Kyle, I sent you a PM, a couple days ago, regarding shipping price, if we don't make the 40 count. Awaiting information. Thanks!!

Yeah give it a shot. It isn't cure all or anything, and you can't eliminate all of them, but it works for some of the worst ones.

ya thats the thing about some of the ones i want to rid of,is they are upside down,and the rock is much too big to try and flip upside down at this point in the tanks life...and yes i do understand it will be a somewhat slow process once the berghia are added,but the longer i wait,the longer it gonna take....:p,not so literal but you know what i mean.

Okay, as it stands right now, shipping would be approximately $40.00. This works out to about $11.00-$11.50 per Berghia, total. I guess, at this point, I need to start collecting money from each of you, so I can place the order. If we can get the order finalized and paid for, in time, Kyle can ship out Wednesday for Thursday delivery.
The easiest way to collect the money would be for you to send it to my paypal. My paypal address is [email protected] . Please make note, in the comments area, how many berghia you are getting, your Reef Frontier's user name and your Live in Person name...lol. If paypal isn't an option, please PM me and we'll figure out other arrangements.

If we do get more people involved, between now and the time I finalize the order, and make the 40 count, for free shipping, I'll refund each person's shipping expense.

Thanks all, and Thanks Kyle, for working with us on this group buy!!

I need some, how far away are you from 40 Sid?

I really only need 1 or 2 but I could go up to 5.

I have one rock that has it left from last time we ordered. They missed eating one or two and I dont know how many are on the inside of the rock.

Heck just put me down for 5 and when you drop barbie's off to her I will meet you there again.

Thanks

Last edited:
James, we're currently at 31, before adding your 5. That brings us to 36. With Joanne's order, we have the 40 we need for free shipping. Now I just need people to paypal me, so I can finalize the order. The amount would be $10.00 per Berghia that you're ordering. If other payment arrangements need to be made, please let me know, so we can work something out. I just don't have the funds to pay for the order in advance. Also, as stated above, please indicate, in the comments section of the paypal payment, your username, your actual name and the amount of Berghia you're ordering. My paypal email acct is posted a few posts up from this one...lol. Basically, it's my RF username@hotmail

The sooner the better!! Thanks all!!

Last edited:
I will pay you in the morning I just funded the paypal account and I dont want them thinking I am moving my money too fast, if you know what I mean.

Thanks

Here's the list so far:

Tagpol 5, that we'll hold for you, if needed.
Estanoche 4
Barbie 4
Sandswhitson 4, we can hold them for you as well, if needed.
KeithinSpokane 5
YoungSkywalker 3, including 2 for Dad.
Saltyfish 2-5?
returnofsid 6 (hey, that's me)

That brings us to a possible 36, at this time.

Please let me know if I missed anyone.

As long as we can get payment to Kyle soon, he'll ship out on Wednesday for Thursday delivery. He's going to ship us 40, with free shipping and he and I will settle up on the extras at a later date. Kyle, thank you so much for that!!

See above posts, from me, to get payment sent ASAP. I can't finalize the order until I get some payments. Unfortunately, I'm unable to pay for the entire shipment upfront.

Sid something has come up and I need to bow out of this buy. Sorry it was unforseen family issue. Sorry everyone this is unavoidable

Back