Another "ichy" situation....help...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitmam01

Blondie911
My powder brown tang has ich and is obviously miserable, hanging out in front of power heads, scratchin on rocks and sand. I tried all day yesterday to get him out but failed. My fish were stressed so I gave up. I have a foxface, a coral beauty, 3 bangai cardinals a clownfish and two sandsifters in a 90 gal. Is this stress worse for my fish than leaving the tang in the tank? I want to do the right thing but at this point, I'm not sure what to do. Last fish I added was about a month ago, a dragon gobie. Help...........thanks.

:confused::confused::confused:

You will never get rid of ich until you have all of fish out of your tank and into QT for at least 6 weeks after the last spot are gone. Try catching your fish when the lights are out. You might have to remove some rock to catch the fish

first make sure it is ich and not marine velvet...like MMkeeper said, try to catch it at night.. you will most likely have to move the rocks some..all the fish will have to be qt'd and treated.. i hope all goes well

When I got ich in the display I eventually had to take most of the rock and water out, herd the fish to one side then put in an acrylic divider to keep them there. Then I was able to pick them out one by one. I put the water I drained out of the tank in the quarantine and then began moving the fish. This way I did not have to acclimate the fish as they were moving into the same water they just came out of. It was a lot of work, but well worth it! I had already lost a couple fish to ich but was able to save the rest (except for my sand sifting goby who decided to choose suicide over hyposalinity) by getting them in to QT and treating them.

If you have ich in the display all of your fish have been exposed and they all need to be treated in order to irradicate this parasite from your system.

Back