another worm

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spongebob lover

flea whisperer
well i was just checking my tank to make sure my crab wasn't nipping at my sun coral and what do i see right in front of my face ?... a humongos worm :eek: sticking out from one of my rocks.
i don't know what type this one is, but it had his body all color gray, with a little red at the edge of the body, and very hairy legs.
is it a good worm ? i wish i could have taken a picture but my camera doesn't work.
I know i'm probably sounding stupid here, but do worms have eyes? can he see me? :oops: :p (seriously i even throw myself on the floor like an army guy before i get to the tank... just so the little critters don't see me :p )
Forgive me but it's almost 1 in the morning , so i'm not functioning well.

How humongous? Like 12" or more? Unless it was munching on your corals, I don't think I'd worry too much about it. Check out this article, though: A Large Worm Turns...

sorry Ilham but i can't take pictures ( it would have been a great picture)
my kid broke my camera :(.

i believe it was about half foot long, but he wasn't out completely so who knows and it was crawling on my zoos, i believe it was looking for food because it didn't look like he was munching on the zoos.
Thank you for the link Nikki :)

Willy said:
did you scream when you saw it?? Nikki would have :p

HEY!!!! ROFL! You aren't supposed to share that stuff....besides....I only squeal if something jumps at me, or is hairy with 2 big claws and is the size of a dinner plate! :lol:

LMBO !!! :lol:
Actually i wanted to catch it, but my husband kept running with some huge fork around the tank because he wanted to break it in pieces :p .

I have them in my tank as well. I use a bristle worm trap to get them out. They can be very quick! Get it out but don't cut it up into sections as you may have that many sections turning into more worms. They populate A-sexually and very quickly too. Get it while you can. One of them killed a clam that I had for over a year. You can buy the trap but if the worm is larger than half a foot you might want to make a trap out of PVC pipe cut into longer lengths. Good luck, my battle continues.

Back