Any angel experts?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

nbd13

Hey guys well to make a long story short i have a very garessive 3-4" blueface angel in my 180 SPS tank. he is a great fish that is very personable.

anyway i am upgrading to a bigger tank at the end of august,

i love angels and would like to add one more to my tank.

the new tank will be 275 gallons (60" long by 44" deep by 24" high)

anyway it will be very open so fish can swim freely.

anyway this is a list of my current fish,

2 ocellaris clowns
1 labouti fairy wrasse
1 lineatus fairy wrasse
1 rhomboid fairy wrasse
1 orange back fairy wrasse
1 foxface lo
1 blueface angel

now i just tried to intoduce a small 2" copperband butterfly yesterday and the blueface would not leave him alone, he kept nipping at his fins... i am going to have to remove him...

anyway for the new tank i will add 1-2 tangs and i would like to add 1 more angel....

now for the tangs, i am thinking a hippo tang and either a tomini or chevron tang...

NOW for the angel, i need something more agressive than the blueface.

what do you recomend?

i like goldflakes, regals (i know how difficult they are), emperors, conspics (knwo how much they are), bluelines, and chyrus (sp?).

anyway i was planning on getting the new angel the day i will do the transfer, that way both angels will be in a new home...

what do you think?

what should i do as far as angels go?

i may just add 1 tang and 1 more angel and call it a day....

what do you think?

thanks!

Nick

Hi Nick, I have a blueface, bicolor, pygmy, and a coral beauty in my tank. I dont know about keeping more than one of the full size angels together. That could be a heavy weight knockdown fight. Rules are made to be broken, though you have already noticed him to be a dominate fish. Mine is as well. Doing it like you said would probley yield the best results, if you are willing to try. I would have to go with one that had a different color pattern like the french or goldflake, or maybe a queen. I could see the regal, and emperator staying mad, because of the like color pattern. Just a thought. Steve

Thought about a robust French that is 1-2 inches larger then the Blue Face. Different style angels and very hardy to hold its own ground against the bruiser.

BlueFace's are a pretty, and personable fish...this also means they can throw tantrums....
How big is your Bueface?
I would consider looking at angels from different waters to add in the hopes that it might stave off some aggression. Caribbean angels would be a good bet...larger sized than the Blueface is a good bet too...
Nick

I wanted to add my opinion on the tang.....I really like the looks of the Tomini. Maxx/Nick has one, and he's awesome looking!

Why Thank You!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh.......you meant the fish...........
:rolleyes:

Nick

Back