Any good reviews on eshopps protien skimmers?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

artman230

Predator
I was just curious if anyone out there has any comments on these skimmers if they are good or not. I kinda stumbled onto them on Dr. fosters and smith.com

I have a cpr bakpak skimmer on a 40G tall and I dont think its working well enough so I want to eventually replace it or add another skimmer I just dont want something that is going to be loud

I have a cpr bakpak skimmer on a 40G tall and I dont think its working well enough so I want to eventually replace it or add another skimmer I just dont want something that is going to be loud

? What I have an el cheapo bak pak skimmer with a meshed MJ1200 on a stocked to the brim 40b full of SPS and LPS. Great colors with both SPS and LPS. I guess it is all husbandry and understanding ones tank. Not saying you don't or anything but I've been running this 40b with the bak pak for over 2 years now with no problem. I how ever do a 10g WC every week. I might skip a week here and there but been pretty successfull with it. Just saying we can't always blame the equipment:D.

fair enough I agree with that also I am not unhappy with my skimmer and my corals are healthy I just dont know if it can support much more livestock as far as fish I dont have room for any more coral

I have a 150 nw eShopps on a 65 gal sys with SPS and a few softies, I clean 1/3 a cup a day of thick stankin poo, It has super fine bubbles and I never have to adjust unless I bump it. I put my watt meter on it and it pulls 64w. Its been running for 7 months and I am very happy with it. (I need help posting Pics)

Last edited:
so you need a hob skimmer for a 40g?
I'd say a SWC extreme hob would be great, but that is a $400 hob skimmer,
some that are cheaper but still good would be the
SWC bh-500
WM H2
deltec mce300

I have a 150 nw eShopps on a 65 gal sys with SPS and a few softies, I clean 1/3 a cup a day of thick stankin poo, It has super fine bubbles and I never have to adjust unless I bump it. I put my watt meter on it and it pulls 64w. Its been running for 7 months and I am very happy with it. (I need help posting Pics)

i can deal with the crappy build quality if it performs o.k.
but the lame failcat resun pump they put on there is worthless and will eventually overheat and fail,
that and the bad build quality just make too many other skimmers a better choice for me.

i can deal with the crappy build quality if it performs o.k.
but the lame failcat resun pump they put on there is worthless and will eventually overheat and fail,
that and the bad build quality just make too many other skimmers a better choice for me.

hi, have you used our skimmer yet? correct, the built quality is top notch out there, if you haven't seen one, you should. you're right with the Resun pump, they bad. so we replaced it with the Via Aqua pump and added mesh wheel. the skimmer kick ass now, you will see it all over the forums talking about our skimmers.

I've personnaly seen a handfull of these skimmers "SCREAMING" in a LFS they seem to pull gunk really well!!
If you want to see them in action go to LIVING REEF in Lacey.

hi, have you used our skimmer yet? correct, the built quality is top notch out there, if you haven't seen one, you should. you're right with the Resun pump, they bad. so we replaced it with the Via Aqua pump and added mesh wheel. the skimmer kick ass now, you will see it all over the forums talking about our skimmers.

the fact that these pumps has been changed makes all the difference in the world to me, I would be happy to try these skimmers with the now included via aqua/atmann pumps.
will the whole ESHOPPS line get new pumps eventually??

Mark,
I have layed hands on these and they look just like the OCTO skimers
In fact I would swear they were except for the blue on them. LOL

yes, the whole skimmer get new pump replaced with the Via Aqaua. Except the Snow Cone 200 series as that one use Aqua Bee

yes, the whole skimmer get new pump replaced with the Via Aqaua. Except the Snow Cone 200 series as that one use Aqua Bee

that's excellent news, and makes ESHOPPS a very viable choice for a less expensive skimming solution.
Bubble Magus as well has used the via aqua/atmann pumps with great results, and failure rates are much much lower than the resun pumps.
virtually every resun skimmer pump i have ever used was a POS that seemingly failed at some point, not to mention they are loud.
so great work on the part of ESHOPPS for acknowleging and changing out this crappy pump.

that's excellent news, and makes ESHOPPS a very viable choice for a less expensive skimming solution.
Bubble Magus as well has used the via aqua/atmann pumps with great results, and failure rates are much much lower than the resun pumps.
virtually every resun skimmer pump i have ever used was a POS that seemingly failed at some point, not to mention they are loud.
so great work on the part of ESHOPPS for acknowleging and changing out this crappy pump.

you are 100% right and we can not agree with you more. the Resun pump is just suck. We didn't realize it in first place. but the important fact is we acknowledged it's a bad pump so we fixed the problem immediatley by changing over to a different brand of pump. now seem this problem is our past and what makes the pump better is we added the mesh wheel on it. this produce a lot of micro bubbles.

Myteemouse,

thanks for clarifying our brand doesn't look like Octopus as it's totally different.

Back