Any guess to what...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ak_reefer

This might be?

uryra8ab.jpg

Sent from the great beyond via Tapatalk 2.5!!

Its on the back of a rock in the back of the tank I have not touched it yet.

Yes, possibly baby fungia or blasto.

Soon, you might have them all over your tank and you will consider them to be your plague. There could be worse things in the hobby.

It is an anemone. They dont get any bigger than that that I have seen. They can move. They are not invasive.
I use to have one, but sold it. They do have a powerful sting.

actually looking a little closer, I think trido is right. I think it might be a blasto.
can you tell if it has a skeleton. poke it with something and see if it retracts.

Darn!!!!

Well you have to get it out now and get a good pic of it.
I'd like to know what it is. I hope its a blastomusa merletti. its a great coral.

Well i just gave it a look and a light touch. It does have a hard skeleton so it is a LPS of some kind only time will tell!!

I have one in my tank as well, it has gotten large, but no new heads. It eats well, and seems to have greenish flourescent markings, mostly clear though.

I have one in my tank as well, it has gotten large, but no new heads. It eats well, and seems to have greenish flourescent markings, mostly clear though.

Thats exactly how this one is, although its rather small now about the size of a nickel.

Back