Any one know a good DIY for a auto water top off

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Forgot about those kits. They are a good all in one package solution. They should instruct people to solder the connections other than that they are great.

Don

The kit I bought had to be soldered, I guess they changed the design to be more user friendly. My kit had a third float switch that I was able to setup an overflow protection for the main tank. It actually shut off the sump pump when my overflow lost its siphon...

If anyone has a link or have done this them selves please let me know. I am adding water one to two times per day to my pump section of my sump.
Thanks

I use an RO unit attached to my under sink plumbing and ran the out put to my sump and add the float val to the sump and will keep the water at constant level. Make sure the RO unit have a pressure shut off switch. No Electric require. All mechanical.

If I were to do the above idea I would use an electronic solenoid to ensure the RODI stops. RODI straight into the tank/sump is a bad idea IMO...but that's just me.

I use RO water, but in a separate container. Running your RO unit straight to your tank/sump is just asking for disaster. There has been a lot of people who have flooded their system by running the Rodi straight in. Also by using a separate container I can use Kalk Via ATO.

Back