Any way to ARCHIVE PM's?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

artguy1

Anybody been able to archive the PM's in their boxes...ie, write them to your hard drives on your computer.

Any info would be helpful...I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to save correspondence (past the prescribed 100 allocated by RF, which I appreciate, thanks RF, BTW).

Thanks a bunch for your replies everybody!

artguy1

well thinking about one thing you could do is in Windows Vista you could use the snipping tool and then save them.

In you inbox you can check the messages of interest, then at the bottom use the dropdown. Export as XML, CSV or TXT

Could you expound on that a bit please...

I am primarily a Mac user (big ups graphics people!!!) and have a PC laptop which has windows on it. I do have access to Vista but am not familiar with the snipping tool. Any insight would be much appreciated...and thanks a bunch!

well thinking about one thing you could do is in Windows Vista you could use the snipping tool and then save them.

Artguy1 I will post up some examples using it to show you how simple it is. It is a very handy little tool. I am waiting for the teenager to finish up on the main computer ahhh teenagers lol but once she is off of it I will hop on and post instructions and a few examples :)

The Snipping Tool is located in Vista under accesories but there is even a easier way to get to it just click the start button and then in the search box type snipping tool it will bring it right up. Then under options in snipping tool you can change it to add to quick launch. Here are some examples. You can do free form, full screen and window snips.

Quite helpful, THANKS a bunch for your extra effort G&NSalty425! So this is like a screen shot of sorts (Mac speak), I will look into this more tonight. I wondered if the PC could do this sort of thing. Learning all the time, you rock and thanks again.

Greg P
artguy1

The Snipping Tool is located in Vista under accesories but there is even a easier way to get to it just click the start button and then in the search box type snipping tool it will bring it right up. Then under options in snipping tool you can change it to add to quick launch. Here are some examples. You can do free form, full screen and window snips.

Back