Anybody ever order from.....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Bad, very bad. Large size corals that are way over priced are at best small. I ordered a large purple mushroom rock for something like $89 and it was maybe 2"x3" with 4 mushrooms on it. They are truely a "con".

Yes, I am finding the same to be true. I ordered 7 pieces, received 6, no explanation as to where the 7th is. I called and left a message. Also, I ordered 3 "small" pieces, I received and was billed for 3 "medium" pieces. The invoice said "No small pieces were available". Well don't ya think you could have called me and asked permission to bill me for "medium" pieces?
***Disappointed***.

Bad, very bad. Large size corals that are way over priced are at best small. I ordered a large purple mushroom rock for something like $89 and it was maybe 2"x3" with 4 mushrooms on it. They are truely a "con".

Yes, I am finding the same to be true. I ordered 7 pieces, received 6, no explanation as to where the 7th is. I called and left a message. Also, I ordered 3 "small" pieces, I received and was billed for 3 "medium" pieces. The invoice said "No small pieces were available". Well don't ya think you could have called me and asked permission to bill me for "medium" pieces?
***Disappointed***.

If you call them and they can't resolve it, call your credit card company and dispute it. They'll get a fee (usually around $50) and if you're any where close to being reasonable, you'll win (In my experience) and be reimbursed.

I just got overcharged by a locksmith (quoted $60, came out and charged $145). I was stuck since my car was in a garage that was going to be locked up for the weekend in 15 minutes. Told him what I was quoted, he didn't care so I signed the slip to get my car unlocked (2 minutes of work), called the company a couple times, got hung up on a couple times. Then disputed the charge and the credit card company refunded $85. This was with Chase, who's terms for merchants are pretty draconian.

DON'T DO IT!!
A friend purchased fish from them, was billed double, and has been fighting it out with them and the credit card company for months.......

Ive never ordered form them but have seen many threads just like this one. If you research you will find numerous threads along with numerous complaints to the BBB.

aquaCON is the impression Ive came up with.

Well I guess I've been lucky so far, as many times as I've ordered saltwater items onliine, this is the first bad experience I've had. I guess I will follow the "dispute the credit card charge" route.

Thanks all!!

i do beleave that they just got bashed...

sux for them...

you talking about aquacon or reefgardener? if its reefgardener can you point me in the direction of that thread, im curious to see what people are saying. might stay away from her now if that the case.

you talking about aquacon or reefgardener? if its reefgardener can you point me in the direction of that thread, im curious to see what people are saying. might stay away from her now if that the case.

reefgardener, it was a personal experience dealing with her. she sent the wrong item and wanted me to ship back to her on my cost. she wanted to wait for the item before refunding me. took it to paypal and froze her account. verified postage to paypal that i shipped the item and got my refund. it happened about a year ago so maybe she cleaned up her act but will never deal with her anymore.

Back