Anybody using a tunze wavebox or a wave 2k

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spankerbob

I am looking in to getting a surge device, the tunze wavebox or maybe the wave 2k anyone out there have any experience with either, or know how to make one on the cheap?

I dont have any advice for ya, but im curious to so heres a bump for ya:D

I use two tunze, I have asked around about the tunze wave box, and dont know of anyone that actually has one.
The wave 2k I have heard breaks alot.

I am also interested in this so here's another bump. I posted a link a year ago and not much response. lol I just looked and the only response was from Steve! Steve rocks ;)

I am seriously thinking about getting the tunze wavebox, I have seen the video of it on the tunze web site, and it look awsome. The wave2k device has to stick out of the water where the tunze looks completely submerged. The only thing holding me up is the $500 price tag.

I'm pretty sure the Tunze has to be out of the water too... It needs air to "surge". I PM'd the Tunze people because I have a lip around my tank and was concerned about this since I do not have enough room to have it out of the water. I only have 1/2" and I think the Tunze wavebox needs 1" or more. The wavebox is also reccommended for a longer tank. Having a shorter tank will make the waves be a lot higher (more splash if ur not careful) It is also better to have an overflow on either end or a center overflow because with just one on the end, the overflow gets starved of water for a few secs and then gets flooded in a few secs.... I did a lot of research on the wavebox and like it (tank is too short tho), but if you go with 2 streams and the multicontroller, the same effect can essentially be reached (if you don't have a large enough tank)

Last edited:
wave box

Berry at kahuna corals has a wave box completely
submerged in the corner of a 100+ gallon tank,
makes great waves..

Glad to see your here Chad...I was just thinking of your tank when I saw this thread.

Nick

Back