Anyone else use Brute 32 gallon buckets?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jan

...the grey, food grade kind? If so, do you know if 32 gallons is all the way to the brim, or just up to that little lip indentation that is ~5 inches below the top rim? I've just got my RO/DI system cranked up and it put a certain amount of water in there, and I'm trying to calculate how much without taking it all out of the bucket.

Just thought I'd ask! :)

I use Rough Tote. They're made by Rubbermaide. I've read several articles that say over time, they don't effect the TDS of the water stored in them. I don't know the actual quantity mine holds. I've planned on actually measuring it out, using a 5 gallon bucket with a 4 gallon mark on it...but haven't done so yet...lol.

i use the gry brute 32g. Home Depot?

I even got the sweet wheels that fit underneath it so i can wheel it around.

32 gallons would be filled to the brim. I know this because I've been using it to do water changes for the last year. A little over halfway full is 15gallons.

Hope this helps

Off topic but do not use the blue plastic trash cans made by rubbermaid. They are cheap but will start leaking at random. I have bought 4 and they all developed leaks just sitting on the floor.

The oils in the plastic those are made of leach into the water. Then the plastic becomes brittle and develops stress cracks.

A Brute trash can will be just as strong 5 years from now as it is today as there will be no leaching.

I don't have room for them but would use probably bigger for sump, refugium, frag propagation, if I had the room!

...the grey, food grade kind? If so, do you know if 32 gallons is all the way to the brim, or just up to that little lip indentation that is ~5 inches below the top rim? I've just got my RO/DI system cranked up and it put a certain amount of water in there, and I'm trying to calculate how much without taking it all out of the bucket.

Just thought I'd ask! :)

I use the brute 32, and 25 gal is up to the indentation at the handle, so I assume 32 is to the rim.

Back