Anyone ever add a C2C to an existing tank?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ugla

I am thinking about trying to add a coast to coast overflow to my 100 gal acrylic tank. i would like to make it external, but could live with an internal.

Anyone ever do this and have some pics or suggestions?

Hey Jim,

Is this for a new 125g tank ? An external C2C is dificult after the fact since you'd have to cut numerous slots/holes in back/top of tank. I have made a C2C w/ 2" pvc with about a thousand slots cut on a table saw and then hard plumbed through back of tank using 1" bulkheads, short section of 1" pvc into a reducing 2" - 1" pvc elbow that caps the 2" on each end. This is actually a very near C2C so you don't see the tipical C2C box open at the ends. I'll look at my old 35mm pics to see if I can come across any pics of it. Shoot me a pm if you need help laying it out. I also have a large table saw if needed.

Todd

Actually C2C is pretty easy, get your two pieces and cut to length of the INSIDE of the tank.

Use #4 weldon to get them in place.
Drill the back of your tank at the top where you would want the flow to start. Normally about 1/2 above the bottom of the C2C

Add bulkheads and plumb.

If you use an acrylic company (I am guessing CFI is in your area) it should not cost more then $50.00 to $75.00 for them to do it for you. It really pretty simple.

Thanks for the info. If you could find a pic of yours Todd, I would appreciate it.

Jim

Back