Anyone ever used this?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

FreakinReefin

Insert idiot comment
ProClear Aquatics Pro 150 Wet Dry Aquarium Filter w/Prefilter.

I would take out the bio balls of course. I am really wondering if the skimmer is any good and/or the rest of the setup. It is rated up to a 150g; however, I only plan on using on a 40b.

Oh yeah, this is just for a propagation tank so there is not going to be a huge bio-load.

Last edited:
I have one that I modified. I removed the bio-balls and foam and added acrylic to separate the middle and pump sections. I have sand and plants in the middle. The skimmer works OK. I wouldn't pay full price for it, I got a sceaming deal on mine. :)

I have one that I modified. I removed the bio-balls and foam and added acrylic to separate the middle and pump sections. I have sand and plants in the middle. The skimmer works OK. I wouldn't pay full price for it, I got a sceaming deal on mine. :)

I have someone asking $150 for this and the prefilter/overflow. Would that be a good deal in your opinion?

Used no, new yes. If I remeber correctly, the retail on those is like $250-$300. I paid half that for a new one and it included a prefilter and overflow. I'd see if you can get him down.

Back