Anyone experienced with a WON CU-125 PROTEIN SKIMMER

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hoosieraquatics

Needing info/experiences with a WON CU-125 PROTEIN SKIMMER.

I'm wanting to buy a decent skimmer for a 46-bowfront FOWLR tank, but wanted to purchase a large enough skimmer in case I upgrade to a 75-gal FOWLR tank in the future.

Opinions and experiences would be greatly appreciated.....:)

I don't have experience with that particular skimmer, but I wanted to Welcome you to Reef Frontiers!!!

I use a Euro-Reef, and AquaC brands. Both are great skimmers, IMO. The AquaC Remora Pro would be a nice skimmer for your tank, and should be able to handle your upgrade. Do you have a sump?

AquaC Website
EuroReef Website

I've heard so much "good" about the AquaC Remora Pro I bought one today at my LFS. I just set it up and was wondering at what height to set the cup at ? ?

I've read the instructions and saw that it may take a week or two to get rid of the micro-bubbles, but I am not clear at what height to set the cup.

No I am not running a sump on this tank.

How's the skimmer doing? Any skimmate yet? I know it takes some time to break in, but I was curious. I'm not sure which height to set the cup. Do the directions say, rise it up to make it dry, and keep it lower to make the skimmate wet? Its been awhile since I set up a Remora, so I can't remember. You'll probably have to play with it, to find the height that works best for you.

Back