Anyone fimilar with the Nikon D40?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If you have the right Add-Ons, you can also view the Exif Data of most pictures, without downloading them. Which is a much better idea, since downloading someone else's photos constitutes a Copyright Infringement. Brett, you should be able to right click on any of the pictures you've taken, through your photo software, and view the Exif Data.

Thanks BCT!

Although I don't know how simply downloading a picture to my pictures folder is copyright infringement when simply viewing a picture on the web is technically downloading it and could possibly be stored on my hard drive in my browser cache.

Thanks BCT!

Although I don't know how simply downloading a picture to my pictures folder is copyright infringement when simply viewing a picture on the web is technically downloading it and could possibly be stored on my hard drive in my browser cache.

Interesting,
"Many people don't realize just how all-encompassing a copyright is. For example, there's a misconception that any image appearing on a website may be downloaded and "saved" to disk. This is absolutely not the case. The very act of saving a copyrighted image to your local disk without invitation -- regardless of whether you ever do anything else with the image or not -- constitutes a copyright infringement; And infringements large and small are "actionable" (i.e., can be grounds for a lawsuit.)"

Interesting,
"Many people don't realize just how all-encompassing a copyright is. For example, there's a misconception that any image appearing on a website may be downloaded and "saved" to disk. This is absolutely not the case. The very act of saving a copyrighted image to your local disk without invitation -- regardless of whether you ever do anything else with the image or not -- constitutes a copyright infringement; And infringements large and small are "actionable" (i.e., can be grounds for a lawsuit.)"

Yep, hence why most of my good photos have "©Brienne Earnst" on them. I have alot of trouble with people using my photos without my permission for artwork/manipulation, or just all out theft stating that they are theirs. So I get to pull "copywrite infringement" alot.

Yep, hence why most of my good photos have "©Brienne Earnst" on them. I have alot of trouble with people using my photos without my permission for artwork/manipulation, or just all out theft stating that they are theirs. So I get to pull "copywrite infringement" alot.

I was just thinking about you, hopefully you don't mind that I downloaded a few of your pics to check out your camera settings. :oops:

I was just thinking about you, hopefully you don't mind that I downloaded a few of your pics to check out your camera settings. :oops:

Oh I didn't mean that. I ment people actually stealing my photo without my permission and using it for their own artwork/other means/claiming it to be theirs.

Apparently the user agreement states your ownership of anything you post, we're not liable. It does not clearly state anything about someone "stealing" your photos for other purposes it is meant to protect RF from being sued. Just a little FYI, I'm sure that If someone tried to take this to court, it would be difficult for your claim to someone stealing it because this is a public forum.

Any communication or material you post or transmit is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You assume full responsibility for anything you post or transmit, and you grant Reef Frontiers the right to display this material on its web sites. Reef Frontiers makes no ownership claims to any material you post or transmit and agrees that all submitted materials, text, graphics and files remain the sole property of their creator.

Your use of this web site is at your own risk. Neither Reef Frontiers, nor any of its agents, representatives or licensors shall be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury or any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, the services of this web site and the information available on this web site or arising out of any action taken in response to or as a result of any information available on this web site. You hereby waive any and all claims against Reef Frontiers arising out of your use of the services of this web site and the information available thereon. Reef Frontiers does not review or monitor any web sites linked to the member-generated content of this web site and are not responsible for the content of any such linked web sites. Your linking to such web sites is at your own risk.

Brie, you can also embed your copy write information, within the photo memory, without a watermark. To do this, you have to hook your camera up to your computer and do it. Copy write water marks can be removed, with the right software or they can be cropped out. All of my pictures have my copy write embedded into the image, where it can't be removed...lol. I've done this for the same reason as you. I've had several pictures "stolen" and used. Because I've actually made money by taking photographs, I could claim loss of potential income, if it were ever needed.

Scooterman said:
Just a little FYI, I'm sure that If someone tried to take this to court, it would be difficult for your claim to someone stealing it because this is a public forum.

With Copy write laws written the way they are, posting on a public forum does not release the photographers "ownership" of the pictures. It's still very easy to claim copy write infringement. To actually sue for any damages, instead of just a cease and desist order, is a little more difficult and involves being able to prove monetary loss.

Sorry for the thread de-railment. Back to Brett's great pictures!!!

Last edited:
Brie, you can also embed your copy write information, within the photo memory, without a watermark. To do this, you have to hook your camera up to your computer and do it. Copy write water marks can be removed, with the right software or they can be cropped out. All of my pictures have my copy write embedded into the image, where it can't be removed...lol. I've done this for the same reason as you. I've had several pictures "stolen" and used. Because I've actually made money by taking photographs, I could claim loss of potential income, if it were ever needed.

Sorry for the thread de-railment. Back to Brett's great pictures!!!

Yeah, CS2 and CS4 can also do this I think, i've just never gone that far since I don't do it for a living or anything. I've had a couple payed gigs shooting requested stock for a couple companies, but its not anything I do for a living, so i'm not too concerned...

So yeah, back to Brett's stuff. :)

Thanks to all your guys great advice I can take a decent photo now. Thanks everyone for the great advice!

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

yellowpolyp.jpg

fifteen.jpg

ah aha you are getting to know your camera now ,,congrats,,keep on shooting you will get good with it,,took me afew hundred to find the good one,,happy photo...tip :concentrated on dept of field,, and spot shooting,,

Back