anyone going to nw-cfm?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have to tell you guys while the event is still in its infancy, every coral I got from Tyree last year is alive and well and looking great. I was very impressed with the quality of the corals at this event. I can't go due to my friggin' back problem, but I know if you do, you will have the opportunity to pick up some great corals, as well as eyeball new equipemnt. And then there's the SIDE TRIP to Upscales. :D

What a great time...hate that drive on the turn-around trip but it was worth it.

Hey Dang...Chris finally got his Becker Tort:)

Everybody I saw from our area brought home some nice stuff...eventually we'll get some pics posted of the items we brought back. Holy Zoas and Palys...plus a Rouge Millepora!

I'll post pics after stuff settles in.........

Thought the event was great!! Wish I would have meet some of you....... maybe next year.

Ok, I guess I will go first with the pictures. I kind of went a little nuts :)

Here is a group shot of the new additions
NewCorals1.jpg

Aussie Acan
AussieAcan.jpg

Bloody Mary Montipora
BloodyMaryMonti.jpg

Crayola Acro
CrayolaAcro.jpg

Daisy Favia
DaisyFavia.jpg

Green w/ Orange polyp digitata
ForestFireDigitata.jpg

Indian Paintbrush Chalice
IdianPaintbrushChalice.jpg

Pink digitata
PinkMontiDigitata.jpg

Here are a few more.
Purple Rim cap
PurpleRimCap.jpg

Superman Montipora
SupermanMonti.jpg

Alien Eye Chalice
TECAlienEyeChalice.jpg

TEC Lava Chalice
TECLavaChalice.jpg

TEC Raspberry Chalice
TECRaspberryChalice.jpg

Jamie,,very nice pick you got there,,specially "blooddy mary"
Did anybody pick up the Mystric sunset monti or ,ice fire echinata,or is it there for sale?

Last edited:
im broke.

oh well :)

i don treally have a good camera but i picked up a nice sized baby's breath favia as my main score, a big sized becker tort (easily 2-3x the size i passed on last year) and some random acro frags here and there, one of awexotics cyphastreas and a challice from him, i also picked up the tyree watermelon from waves, sweet deal on that pice and decent size... sushi for dinner was awesome as well. I just back up @ 12:30am, floating the bags now. It was nice seeing everyone down tehre, Jaime i dont think i introduced myself, but i was that kinda short, fat azn guy w. the glasses. I saw ur nice purple husky/washington shirt and i knew u were from up here:) I looked @ the auction u won for the favia and ur name was jaime! hope u, and everyoen else, had a good time. It was fun

Last edited:
hey jaime, is that alien eye one of the pieces from AWExotics? He had two of them right? i picked up the other frag @ the end of the day. I hope it turns out nice for both of us!

dang, i got there late,at 1130, by then tehre was no mystic sunset or icefire. It is very possible they sold early though. I know by the time i got there a lot of the mummy eye challices were gone, which was probably one the most expensive/"high end" challice there. Did the mystic sunset JUSt get auctioned off for the firsttime? It went for a crazy amount of money if i recall correctly.

I didn't see any icefire enchinata in any of the tanks. I got there at 11:30 too.

Here's what I got:

These I don't have in hand but I bought them there: a frag of microcladus, a blue encrusting monti, and a frag of hot pink/green challice. These I did bring home: 3 frags of aussie acans (they were $10 per polyp), a replacement ORA pealrberry for the one that bleached and died, a frag of ponape seriatopora, a green/purple-rimmed favia, an LE red acro, and a green & magenta tipped acro. Also a rust-colored frag of pavona with metallic gold rims around the eyes...very cool, I think.

My new ORA pearlberry RTN'd on me already...it was starting to happen when I took it out of its container, then after 2 hrs in my frag tank, almost the whole thing was gone. That's my only suggestion for improvement is that the vendors need to use larger water containers/better packing methods so that everyone brings home viable corals.

Last edited:
Some vendors did have bags also. Next time if you asked I'm sure they would have given you a bag to travel with. I know Chris, who was selling the ricordea, Keith and Jody from Totally Exotic Corals, and the guys from NW Corals had bags they were using.

Back