Anyone have any experience with the ATI Powermodule light fixture?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

EriksReptiles

Fishy Enthusiast
I am in the process of designing my new tank and have been doing a lot of thinking about lighting. I have heard great things about the ATI Powermodule fixtures but was wondering if anyone on here has used them or seen them in use?

My only issue is I want to ensure that I can grow SPS anywhere in this tank. I have heard of these lights being able to grow SPS in 30” deep tanks but have never seen it. I will be using 4 of the 10 bulb fixtures over the 600 gallon tank. Hopefully I can fit the 4’ fixtures in my canopy, if not I will be using the 3’ fixtures. I originally planned on 6 250 or 400 watt single ended MH and 16 3’ T5’s. However if I could get away from the MH, that would be great. I will have a 1 HP chiller on this tank either way but would like to avoid MH if possible. If I can't avoid MH I will just go with my original plan of 6 250 or 400 watt MH along with 16 3' T5's.

Here is a little detail specs on my new tank.
- Main tank - 96” long, 48” wide, 30” tall (Still not sure if I want to go 30” or 32” tall...) Drilled for two separate closed loops, each one with a hammerhead pump. A dart pump will be the main return. The entire tank will be 1” thick acrylic and I will have eurobracing around it. There will be no cross braces, just the eurobracing. Approximately 600 gallon main tank.
- Sump – The sump will be about 200 gallons. Half refugium and the other half will hold two skimmers (I am thinking about two SWC Xtreme 300 protein skimmers, any other suggestions?)
- Frag Tank – 72” long, 36” wide, 18” tall. 200 gallons.
- Auto Water change tank. 75 gallon.
- Auto Top off tank. 40 gallon.
- Large sized Koralin calcium reactor.
- Carbon reactor.
- Reefkeeper Elite controller.
- 1 HP Pacific Coast chiller.

Here is a link to the ATI Powermodules that I found: http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluorescent/ATI/Powermodule_Fixtures/ .

Thanks Erik

Back