Anyone have success with porites and Xmas Tree worms?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jedimike

I've seen differing opinions about Christmas Tree worms and porite corals. I just wonder what the experiences have been for people that have purchased them.

I bought a nice porite rock with about a dozen worms on it. I dose DT's every couple days so I think the worms should get plenty of food. However, I'm concerned about the coral. It was already receding when I bought it. I don't know what lighting it prefers. I put it about half-way down my tank under a 250W halide. It is in a medium-high flow area. I put it there so it would be easier to feed the worms.

Thanks

I bought a Christmas Tree worm from the grand opening of BF. The colony has been growing even though I lost 2 big one probably from some fish picking at them. I can see lots of new little ones coming out. I only had t5 and power compact and I left them at the bottom of the tank. I feed them like once every 2 days with skimmers off for like 2 to 3 hrs. I kind of alternating / mixing diff food every other day. The food I use is Coral Frency, Specta vital, black powder, little fish phy and zooplanton. I also had flame scallops in my tank and this mix of food seems to be ok with them as well.. one had last close to 6 month already ...

i feed my sps tanks nothing but the fish get fed lots, and have a couple of different christmas tree rocks thriving.

I did kill a couple of christmas tree rocks when I tried to keep them under pc's in the past

DSC_7028.jpg

Last edited:
Back