Anyone here keep or breed reptiles?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

EriksReptiles

Fishy Enthusiast
Hey, I have some panther chameleons for sale (maybe trade for highend saltwater supplies/fish) and since I just moved here I havent been able to find any reptile shops or anything to post them forsale on besides the pnwhs.org site... I was just wondering if any knew of anyother place..

PS: Does anyone know if I can post them on this forum for sale or on the main Reef Frontiers classifieds?

Thanks Erik

I would love a couple panthers If I could only afford them...:lol: I know Brie keeps a bunch of herps mainly gtp's I would talk to her but I'm not sure if she would be interested. Any pics?

Here are some teaser pictures:

Ambanja Pair: (proven pair, laid 42 eggs and then 35 eggs!)
Ambanjamale1.jpg

Ambanjamale11.jpg

Ambanjafemale1.jpg

Ambanja Male: young male, never been bred.
Ambanjamale22.jpg

Ambanjamale2.jpg

Ambilobe Male: young male, never been bred.
Ambilobemale1.jpg

Thanks Erik

They aren't the easiest reptile to keep but they certainly aren't the hardest either (I used to work at the Denver Zoo and had alot harder species and I used to breed dart frogs, so these are nothing!).. They eat crickets, meal worms, wax worms, silk worms... Not picky about food at all.. The only thing that they do need (this is where people generally have problems with them because they dont mist them) is a heavy misting atleast once durring the day time for them to drink because they wont drink out of a bowl or standing water. They will only drink moving water (the water moves from mist by dropping from leaf to leaf).

Although I do have a Full misting system that can go to someone if they buy all of them and there custom cages or I could sell it seperate.. it comes with 30 or so misting nozzels and the pump can run up to 80 nozzels. (only 1 nozzel is used per cage, so only 4 nozzels are being used right now!).

Thanks Erik

The pair is $700 and the males are $400 each without cages. The males can be sold by themselves, the female must go with a male (I would prefer her to go with her mate, but she could be sold with the other ambanja male. If sold with the ambilobe male the babies would be hybrids.. They would just need to be sold as AmbanjaXAmbilobe, but they would still sell very well!)

5 cages - The cages are custom screen and plexiglass cages for sale. They were custom made and great for chameleons! They are 18" x 18" x 36". The sides are Plexiglass, the back is white PVC, the top and front door are screen, (there is a little flip up door on the bottom of the front that is plexiglass to prevent crickets from climbing up). I have 5 of these cages. All but 1 include a large unbrella plant and a 60 watt light. Each cage is $100 (I paid way over $100 for each of these! ) I can take pictures of these if you would like!

Misting system with all nozzels and everything is $250. Used for only 1 month.

Thanks Erik

Last edited:
Ya, they are kinda pricey animals... I bought the Ambilobe male for $550 as a baby! But his colors are amazing!

But they are great investment animals too. In the past I have sold fertile eggs for $20-$30 each (depending on quantity purchased) and hatchlings for $150+ each! Mine are all pets first and breeders next though. Thats why they are all hand tame...

Thanks Erik

I have 2 Chinese water dragons I want to sell. Male and a female. Quite nice lizards that like to cuddle in your hand, also run on the hind legs. I have them house in a standard 29 gal tank. Will all the equipment. Im looking to get like $150. ANd they are very easy to take care of, I just dont have the room with my expanding reef set ups. Mike

I have 2 Chinese water dragons I want to sell. Male and a female. Quite nice lizards that like to cuddle in your hand, also run on the hind legs. I have them house in a standard 29 gal tank. Will all the equipment. Im looking to get like $150. ANd they are very easy to take care of, I just dont have the room with my expanding reef set ups. Mike

You might just want to make your own thread instead of posting it here..

Thanks Erik

Back