Anyone into gouldian finches?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Electrokate

Hi,
I have a group of gouldians, been thinking of thinning the herd. I don't breed them so the tension runs a tad high, but other than that they are healthy. Haven't been exposed to any other birds for years now, so should be healthy. Are eating pellets. Anyone into the bird hobby?
Kate

I don't know about the bird forum thing... I met some real scary people via yahoo. The people on this list seem so much more intelligent and compassionate toward their pets! Some of the ladies in the seattle finch and canary club gladly offer a good home to a free/cheap bird, and then sell them at full price without telling buyers they are aged birds not meant for breeding, these same ladies wrote me a bad check and have a high mortality rate. I haven't lost a bird in years.

What I really am hoping is to find a trustworthy person who wants a few just to look at and enjoy. I know a few fish people whose spouses have bounced around the idea of an aviary, am hoping to find someone who will do this or even better already has an aviary going. They need at least 3 feet of space to fly. Maybe will just try the freshwater people as they seem more likely to have both birds and fish. I would keep them but I would have to figure out how to build a rat and raccoon proof aviary on our deck and both those vermin are very clever and destructive.

I will try and get pictures, but I don't think they are worth shipping to Connecticut. There is a nice lady south of here who breeds them, and I believe she will ship counter to counter. Her name is Joanie Merryhew, she had good birds last time I saw them. Also breeds rare dogs.
Here is her website:
http://www.meryhewmerrymakersaviary.com
She has a straight dealing reputation. Also might be possible to combine a package for you. I took some pictures but they were terrible, the birds just hate me opening their cage and even more pointing that scary little contraption at them. Hopefully today will be better.

Kate

Kate, I have an aviary and would love to have a pair of gouldians!

hehe you came into my mind for this one John :D .

I wish i could have a pair but i'd get kicked out for bringing birds in the apartment :p .

I used to breed all kinds of parrots, but I sold them so I could start an aquarium lol. Too bad your so far away from me, I would love to take a couple birds off your hands.

Back