Anyone know a way of mixing Kalkwasser easly? can this be automated?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

chucknsheila

there must be a easy way to mix and use Kalkwasser water. i have my RODI, salt mixing and water change where it only takes me about 5 min to do a 10 gal water change. I'd like to use kalkwasser water, as is now I just use the Kalkwasser water for make up water.
If I use my system for water changes I'll end up with all the white sediment in my stsyet / tank.

First of... welcome to RF...

Second.... we only use kalkwasser for top off or make up water and not to be used for creating new salt mix. This will totally make the new salt mix out of wack....

That might work, not sure. I have never seen one in person. If the kalk comes in contact with any of the apparatus inside the Aqualifter, it could prove problematic and glog due to heat and/or air pockets. You would not have the same concern with a peristaltic pump since nothing actually flows through it.

instead of peristaltic pump.... you can use... aqua lifter.... cheaper alternative...

http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic/itemdetail.asp?itemid=WP-TT1137

then you can just buy those cheap gate valve that you use in gardening.... and control how many drip you want...

I have seen many people do it this way just use the cheap penplex air valves the green ones on the end to control drip rate. You do have to run viniger through it now and agin to disolve the build up but it works.

I run a reservoir of RO/DI, into a kalk reactor, which is managed by a float valve. Because of this, 100% of my top off is kalkwasser. Extremely basic setup, and has been nothing less than bulletproof for me for two years already.

I run a reservoir of RO/DI, into a kalk reactor, which is managed by a float valve. Because of this, 100% of my top off is kalkwasser. Extremely basic setup, and has been nothing less than bulletproof for me for two years already.

Was gonna add my setup, but its identical to this.

The top feed pump is a peristaltic pump in my case, to avoid any accidents like dosing a ton of kalk if I forget to disable the feed pump during a water change.

-Dylan

experimenting

I ordered a Ph controller that was reversed IE normally on below set point.Now using dual Pk controllers to hold at 8.3 .
Normally on below set point controller is linked to perilistatic/kalk reactor..
Normally on above set point is linked to Ca reactor.
Holds PH exactly 8.3 thus far

i have an RO/DI resevoir beside my tank that doses using a topoff controller and an Aqualifter pump....i am about to start dosing Kalk in my resevoir..i also have a Maxijet 400 in the resevoir keeping the water moving..will this be a problem for my Kalk when i add it

Back