Anyone know where to get pods locally here in seattle?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I luckily started by getting a softball sized of chaeto from another reefer and simply waited for cheato and pods to take off. Now I have tons upon tons of pods and house a green mandarin in my 40B without additional feedings. I did wait about 4 months or so and watched the pods explode until I added the mandarin since the pods population goes through cycles. This way worked well for me...

Ya I just set up my 40b and moved some live rock and chato that had some pods. Been about two months and I'm not swing the population grow. Also looking to house a mandarin in six or so months from now so trying to establish them now.

What's everyone's opinion on the tisbee? Or should I just place an order online for different pods?

I know you said local, but I ordered from reefs2go whenever there's a sale. Free shipping too.

I bought some from reefcleaner but wasnt happy with the chetomorphia I bought from them. It totally dispersed when I put into my sump.had to take all my pumps apart.

I have ordered pods from reefs2go multiple times and have always been happy with what I get. NanaReefer thanks for the link going to check these out as well.

I have ordered pods from reefs2go multiple times and have always been happy with what I get. NanaReefer thanks for the link going to check these out as well.

I'm sorry but if you know anything about Copepods then you know that R2G servers 99.99% Amphipods. Which most fish do not/can not eat! Amphipods are known for actually crawling up out of the fishes stomachs. They are also nocturnal and most fish do not eat at night. Just wanting you to get the best food source for your fish :)

I ordered the pods that reefs2go sells and was disappointed in the order.
Most of the pods that were in the bags looked like the big sand fleas you see at the beach under rocks.
They were huge.
I didn't use them in the tank I made the order for.
I put them in my 240 sump.

all this talk of pods has made my fish look at me longingly for more pods. Think I may need to order some up. On that note in what location do I look/post about doing a group buy?

Back