Anyone loan a Fish Trap or scrap acrylic?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Herefishyfishy

Smart Bass
Looking for one in the South End such as Kent, Auburn, Puyallup, Federal way, Tacoma etc.

Need to catch a very shy hippo tang out of my display and would prefer to not have to take this heavily coral stocked tank apart to do it.

Could also used some junk acrylic sheet (scratched, cracked, stained, etc) to enclose one end of the 180 as a trap. Needs to be about 24" by almost 24" or two pieces to lap into that area.

I've got a stack of 12"x12" pieces of 1/4" acrylic. I work in Redmond, not sure if thats close enough to make it worth your while or not.

Thanks, think a reef friend locally has some acrylic for me. Will build a sliding partition in the tank to separate off the target fish from the rest of the reef.

Hey Mike!

Did you just try calling him????
Here..............fishy, fishy!

I have a fish trap as well as some acrylic and eggcrate if you'd like to borrow them....

Vicki

Have you ever tried a 2 liter bottle Home made fish trap? You cut of funnel part of bottle and invert it inside the other open end. You cut the spout end to your liking to allow fish to enter. You hang food by thread inside bottle. Fish sees food and goes inside and can not get out? I have used these several times. I hope this helps,
Ed

Vicky, tracy is bringing over some acrylic this w/e. Do you live near him in Puyallup?

Ed, have tried the soda bottle and the very shy Hippo Tang got freaked. It even cowers when I am feeding the tank.

Back