Anyone near Elgin, IL

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Aquatic Guru

I'm from Elgin, IL. Anyone that lives nearby? If so, What stores do you go to. I have a friend that owns Aquatic Reef in West Dundee. If anyone interested to know where that is, just post and I'll give you # and directions. I also go to Beyond the Reef, Advanced Aquatic, at times Exotic Aquatic and Petland in the Naperville area.

I'm in St Louis Mo, not a whole lot of help for you up near Naperville Chicago area, but let me know if/when you come down our way, I'll be happy to point you to several good stores in our area....

Nick

edit, just realized this was in the CIMA forum....I found this post by going through the new posts button...sory. Offer still stands though...

maxx said:
I'm in St Louis Mo, not a whole lot of help for you up near Naperville Chicago area, but let me know if/when you come down our way, I'll be happy to point you to several good stores in our area....

Nick

edit, just realized this was in the CIMA forum....I found this post by going through the new posts button...sory. Offer still stands though...

That's great thanks alot! Might take that into conderation one day.

I live in Cary and also go to Exotic Aquatics they are crazy expensive. There used to be a place on a farm in Hampshire but i think they opened a store in Shaumburg. Post your friends store info thanks.

MAKO said:
I live in Cary and also go to Exotic Aquatics they are crazy expensive. There used to be a place on a farm in Hampshire but i think they opened a store in Shaumburg. Post your friends store info thanks.

The store is called Aquatic Reef. It's practically in west dundee on 31 near Spring Hill Mall. Here's the #, you can call for directions. Ask for Sherwin that's my friend. Tell him...." Mo " sent ya....probably give you some decent discounts maybe. Not making any promises...but he'll work with ya. (847)426-5003.
Well...I could give you directions. From Exotic Aquatics it's about 15 to 20 min.....pending on traffic. Take Randall South. Left on 72. Go straight till you hit 31. Make a right on 31. Next light make a left. It's a small street into some plazas. After you make a left make a right into the plazas on the right side. You can't miss it. You'll see a sign of the store called Aquatic Reef. It's next to some Italian restaurant and a dry cleaner store. He's a bunch of corals and some fish and could get practically anything you need if you can't find what you need. He does frags also. So ask!!! Good luck and let me know what you got and what you think. What's your name anyways.

According to the list for this site I down to low. Metro St. Louis area, Highland Il. But since I don't see and spot for me, I'll just put myself in where I want. LOL. Not really to much a LFS around here. only two in the metro east that I know of , and one sucks, and the other sucks even more.

YO YO YO da bears lives in MChenry and my store of choice is shotank aquariums in mundelien RT45 just N of hawley st owner name is matt and he is real cool

I live closer to the Highland/Metro East/St Louis area as well. Actually I am in Salem. about a half hour south of Effingham. And looking for lfs around me in any direction. My parents are in St Louis and my sister is in Champaign so I go both directions, every so often. I also make a few trips to Chicago every year... Any help would be great as I am new to this addiction. Thanks --Haley

Welcome Haley,

Your a little too far away from me to be able to help you out but if you have questions about your tank this is the best place to ask for help.

See ya around!

if you want to take a little cruise down 90 to 290 you could go to Scott's pet shop in Westchester, they have always had a lot of nice things there and a lot of informative help if you needed it

Kegger22 said:
if you want to take a little cruise down 90 to 290 you could go to Scott's pet shop in Westchester, they have always had a lot of nice things there and a lot of informative help if you needed it

I go there from time to time. I only found saltwater fish there are good prices. I bought a lawnmower blenny there for $15 where to most stores cost like $22 to $28. I also purchased a sixline wrasse there for $15. Most others stores cost from $29 to $40. I would not recommend corals overthere although there starting to sell more corals and live rocks. There's corals aren't too great. Great corals to get are from Beyond the Reef in Schaumburg on golf rd near Roselle Rd. Also another place for corals is Aquatic Reef. It's in West Dundee on Route 31. Here's the telephone # Beyond = (847)885-7333
and Aquatic Reef is (847)426-5003. If you wants frags...those two places are the place to go.

try coral paradise in arlington heights. Nice corals and fish, quarantines everything, and the prices are pretty good. Jim's a real nice guy as well.

Beyond the Reef great coral selection expensive though, sea scapes in south elgin sucks, exotic aquatics okay can find some deals their, advance aquatics is good lowest prices among all of the others, aquatic reef was good the owners were always willing to throw a deal awsome place too bad they closed. these are the stores i know that are near Elgin.

Back