Anyone recognize these?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Brie

BRA
I can't really find any that look like these. I fragged them off of a mushroom rock that came in at work. The rock was probably wild collected, so could these be something new and exciting? lol. I sure like em. They look almost black in my tank.

BlackZoos_2861.jpg

Those are cool looking. Is the mouth green or white?
Check out the gallery at www.zoaid.com and see if yours match anything.
If not, pick a name and submit them.

looks like some discoloured pink palys

The photo makes them look a little more "purpley" then they really are. Like I said, in my tank they are so deep purple they're almost black, with greenish rings around the outside.

Those are cool looking. Is the mouth green or white?
Check out the gallery at www.zoaid.com and see if yours match anything.
If not, pick a name and submit them.

The mouth is white... And I looked over zoaid.com first thing. ;) I didn't really see any that looked like these.. So maybe I will send ya a pic and a name. :)

Call them "Jupiter's Rings!!" They're really cool looking. Would love to see a pic with accurate color if they appear darker purple. Try messing with your White Balance and don't use flash.

Let me know when you're ready to frag!!

Ok I tried again, and this is closer to what I see with my bare eye. I'm thinking "Black Nebula". And it'll prolly be some time, since I just cut these off a different rock like, 6 days ago. lol.

BlackZoos_3145.jpg

Very nice! They probably will color ups some. Post another pic in a month or too.

Just remember I mentioned a frag first...lol. Definitely a better picture the second go around. Did you edit your existing pic or change your white balance?

No, it was a seperate picture.

They are growing like crazy, I'm up to 9 polyps now but I want longer to frag any.

The skirt has also grown alot longer, more wispy like yellow polyps. I think they're some sort of paly rather then a zoo, with how large they've grown.

Back