Anyone running Koralia's on an AquaController?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefJunkie

Does anyone have any experience running Koralia's powerheads with an AquaController & DC4/8? I know they say not to run them on a wave maker but not sure if that is to get you to spend the 'big bucks' to go with the controllable ones or not. Would love to hear from anyone who is actually running them. Thanks.

They die quick and are noisy on a wave maker. I switch mine every hour but that's about it.

Don

Thanks Don. Kinda figured I'd get a reply like yours but was hoping for the other way. Damn, I hate being in denial!

Would be nice. I flow in a circle and just change directions ever now and again. I'm sure even that is killing them.

Don

Yeah, Really noise everytime it turns on. I decided to just leave them on all the time unless you buy their wavemaker. Especially made for the koralias.

I am with the others here, I switch mine occasionally (every six hours on a timer) they are noisy at the switch. But figure I am extending the life over switching them at a shorter interval, while still being able to reverse my circular (gyre) flow.

The larger Koralias, 5,6,7, can be run on a wavemaker. They are bigger, but can be turned on and off.

Korallia 5, 6, 7 and 8 can be run on a wavemaker, but it has to be Korallia's wavemaker and they are quite spendy. These same Korallias cannot be used without the Korallia wavemaker. They won't even plug into a regular outlet. The wavemaker plugs into the outlet and the Ks plug into the wavemaker.

Korallia 5, 6, 7 and 8 can be run on a wavemaker, but it has to be Korallia's wavemaker and they are quite spendy. These same Korallias cannot be used without the Korallia wavemaker. They won't even plug into a regular outlet. The wavemaker plugs into the outlet and the Ks plug into the wavemaker.

From what I can tell there are 2 types of 5, 6, 7 and 8 powerheads. The magnums can be run on any wave makers including AquaControllers. The controllable 5, 6, 7 and 8 are actually 12v ones that plug into Koralia's wavemaker only.

The magnums dont do well on a regular full on/off wave maker either. The controllable ones use 12vac keeping them propriatary.

Don

Back