Anyone seen these nano cubes?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

They have those in stock at a fish store in Sumner. I dont know if they are as good as the Aquapod or jbj though...

Matt

I saw them online as well and readsome reviews where they said they weren't as nice as the Aquapods either...:)

I see them at a few of my LFS and i have heard that they are better than the nano cube but i do not know about the aquapod. They look cool though.

I looked at them a little bit. They seem really well made and have some nice features, but also some drawbacks. Principle issues that turned me away were completely insufficient lighting on the 29 (and no aftermarket upgrade kits available as of yet) and the absence of hinges on the hood (if you need more access than is available with the feeding door you have to take the hood off completely). I was also concerned with the freshman bugs that all of the cubes seem to have had being that these are brand new.

To be honest though, I've been pretty happy with my nanocube. There are some solutions to the heat issues out there. Check out nanotuners.com. There are accessories there from lighting upgrades and more efficient heat shields to mini chillers.

Back