Anyone Use Auto Fish Feeders ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

plack

Sea Otter
Can anyone reccomend one brand over another or any advice!
I currently can only feed 1-2 times a day 4-5 days a week and would like to try feeding more.Part of the reason is that I have seen my melanarous Wrasse Nip at my Dersa Clam and nip marks on my Crocea as well and it is in hopes to stop that that I am trying to feed more. I plan on turning off my sump pump for feeding at the same time the food is dropped in- and maybe my closed loop pump as well but that's questionable.
I thinking of an eheim.

Paul

Last edited:
I use an electric lifeguard 7 day feeder when away, I painted the clear top black to keep the light from fading the foods. Been using it about 5 yeas now, no issues, I think I battery powered Eheim would also be a nice one to get If I ever need!

I have the eheim. It can be programmed for four feed times daily. I bought it because it has good reviews. I only use it when I go out of town so I cant say I love it or hate it.

"It" is the Key word in this post. :lol:

I've worked out of town m-f for the last several years and have used a 7 day electric feeder. I feed 2x/day and have never had a problem with mine. Works like a champ.

I've worked out of town m-f for the last several years and have used a 7 day electric feeder. Works like a champ.

What brand/model are you using? Sounds like a good unit, and I'll have need for one on a couple of occasions this year.

Umm I can't remember the name of it but it has an electrical cord with it (the only one that does) and I got it from Premium Aquatics and it was around 50 bux. Actually I have been using this thing every day for the last 4 or 5 yrs I'd say.

You can probably see them on the Premium Aquatics website..

I am considering getting a feeder to help allow a vacation. Would have a daily pet feeder (dog and cat) who could check up on the tank and call me or another if any problems, but would prefer to not have a newby touch the food nor the tank.

If flake food, how prevent them from floating into the overflow as filter food. Have it dump in front of powerhead?
Use pellets instead?

I am considering getting a feeder to help allow a vacation. Would have a daily pet feeder (dog and cat) who could check up on the tank and call me or another if any problems, but would prefer to not have a newby touch the food nor the tank.

If flake food, how prevent them from floating into the overflow as filter food. Have it dump in front of powerhead?
Use pellets instead?

Use pellets but use the bigger ones with the eheim. The little ones spill out to fast.

Don

MY LIFEGUARD NEVER CHOAKS!! LOL (Knock on lots of wood) been using it 6/7 years! I use large & small pellets & it drops them slowly, either way, draws 7 watts.

Use pellets instead?

I have a "Donut looking thing" that floats on top of the water surface just below my auto feeder. It has a suction cup that attaches to the side of the tank to keep it in place. Just a couple bux. Does the trick. They sell them at the LFS.

Back