Anyone want to take a stab at this?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Anyone have any idea what this white thing is growing on my rock? It came on the rock and has grown a little, but I have no idea what it is. Thanks...:)

Well I'll take a stab. or a poke. or, a wild guess.

Looks like a sponge, maybe? It's sticking up off the rock, right?

LOL...Yeah, but it looks kinda like a white Christmas tree. Do tunicates turn that way? Oh, BTW I need to send you a link. I'll pm you it:)
Thanks for the reply...

dont have a clue...my lr will never look that good...

Yeah it will...Coraline just takes time, low lighting and good flow. I started adding "Purple-up" to the tank which seems to help it out a bit too. But yeah, I run half the wattage of my lights to help it to grow quicker:)

I have some of those on my LR too. I have no idea what they are. I will follow along to see what it is.

I thought you had the answer:doubt: :eek: Joking:D Hopefully someone knows...

u can try to sell it on ebay:lol: they were trying to sell some of the anemone that we all hate.:D

u can try to sell it on ebay they were trying to sell some of the anemone that we all hate.

LOL...I can tell the pot heads it's a saltwater marajuana tree:lol:

could it be a type of fungus or mold...

I'd grab my flashlight and tweezers right now!:eek:

I have it too. I used to know what it was, let me look it up again. LOL

Cool man...Thanks!:cool:

Well I cant find it. Sorry. If I rember correctly its a kind of hydroid. I do know they stab into skin real good, then break off and hurt. I have a couple of big patches of them anyway. LOL

Cool...I blew it with a powerhead to see if it would re-tract, but it didn't. I guess I'll see how it looks when it grows:)

krish75 said:
LOL...I can tell the pot heads it's a saltwater marajuana tree:lol:

I'd grab my flashlight and tweezers right now!:eek:

Cool man...Thanks!:cool:

LOL to funny..... Man we would be rich..... Mine never grow though I might get .25 cents.

Back