Anyone with back issues??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
I was curious if anyone here ever had a disc injury in their back and had surgery to correct it??? If so, did it help any? I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back (L4 L5 and L5 S1). I've done physiotherapy, had an epidural, and now seeing a new doctor who is doing "cupping" and a few other techniques, but it looks like it will probably come down to me having surgery to correct my back. :doubt: So, I was curious if anyone here has had success with surgery because so far I haven't heard of too many success stories when it comes to it :)

I had a rupture and had the surgery. Don't remember where it was located but it was pretty low on the spine. For me, best thing I ever did. The injury had me falt on my back for 4 solid weeks before I could even sit up in a chair without extreme pain. Went back to snow boarding and the gym without any real problems about 6-9 months later.

Thanks for the reply. Two doctors so far said I will probably need the surgery to correct it or possibly change my career because all I'm doing is irritating it. Guess I'll have to figure that out after I've finished with the new treatments. :)

I've actually had 2 neighbors that had had this issue and both have had the surgery. 1 had the surgery and has been MUCH better ever since and hasn't really had much in the way of issues and that was several years ago.

The other had the surgery at the same time and some how hurt it again about a year later which he then had to have a metal plate and a few screws put in the same spot. that one has been a couple years now but he seems to be doing much better then he did.

SO FWIW the surgery seems to do the job and do it well from what i've seen.

I'm currently on L&I, due to 3 compressed verts and discs, in my neck. This happened almost 2 years ago. Doctors are now suggesting surgery, to remove scar tissue that's building up along my spinal cord. The "remodeling" that's occured, with my body, since the injury, has created some issues as well, that surgery may be required to fix. I've yet to have any surgeries, so can't answer that part of your question.

I'm currently on L&I, due to 3 compressed verts and discs, in my neck. This happened almost 2 years ago. Doctors are now suggesting surgery, to remove scar tissue that's building up along my spinal cord. The "remodeling" that's occured, with my body, since the injury, has created some issues as well, that surgery may be required to fix. I've yet to have any surgeries, so can't answer that part of your question.

Sorry to hear :doubt: The surgery itself doesn't bother me but rather the oops that could possibly happen by my spinal chord that can leave me in a wheel chair. :rolleyes: Hope you get some relief! :)

I don't have time to get into it now but both my grandpa and my dad have had multiple back (and neck for my dad) surgery. No Spinal cord damage has happened and the advancements that they have made in the last few years are tremendous. I'll try and give more info later on when i have time for the long post it is going to be.

Back