Appetite for Cyclopeeze

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Early this morning, about an hour or so before lights came on, I fed quite a bit of cyclopeeze to my 75. I was sitting at the computer, next to 75, when lights came on and happened to glance over at the tank. I was AMAZED at the polyp extension that I saw, even on some of my SPS. Grabbed my camera and snapped some quickies. Sure wish I had a Macro!! I think I'm going to rent one soon. Once Angie sees the difference in pictures, it'll make it easier to convince her I MUST have one...lol.

3065324987_3cd0e9ac9a.jpg

3065324059_45b1a4524f.jpg

3065323257_c307fc49b0.jpg

3066162128_5ede5388a3.jpg

3065320613_df386e85a2.jpg

3065319807_dddb94f604.jpg

3065318927_6ea385659b.jpg

3065316505_ec27a6534b.jpg

wow, that is cool. how much cyclopeeze do you feed? And is it the dehydrated power that you use or flakes? Do you just dump it in?

thanks,

WOW!! That is some serious polyp extension on our Corals. Michael showed me the polyp extension on all our corals as soon as I walked in the door from shopping this morning. I was amazed at some of the corals that I hadn't seen have there polyps out that far in a long time or if ever.
About the Macro lens, If I didn't already know how much they really cost, it would be easy to talk me into buying one. Considering that there way out of our price range....NO WAY!!! You can rent one for sure....lol.
Great Pictures by the way!!!

you just gave them the high protien dinner,and they will grow and grow fast,,good job and very nice shot i saw tubinaria polyp like that ,,you're right on:D

what about the freeze dried stuff? Does this work as well? I can't find it frozen locally and the cost to ship frozen food is extreme.

thanks,

Not sure if the freeze dried stuff works as good as the frozen. We've only used the frozen. Trying to find it local you should call around to the LFS over there, like Barrier Reef. Just call around and see who has it and who doesn't and while your at it as how the freeze dried stuff works. Good Luck!!

Not sure if the freeze dried stuff works as good as the frozen. We've only used the frozen. Trying to find it local you should call around to the LFS over there, like Barrier Reef. Just call around and see who has it and who doesn't and while your at it as how the freeze dried stuff works. Good Luck!!

The problem is that I live in Bellingham and do not have it available in the area. The freeze dried stuff did not apepar to get any reaction from my corals :(

i use the freeze dried cyclop-eeze regularly and my tank loves it. I usually put a portion in a small (baby food) jar with tank water and shake it up before feeding, and then poor in or spot feed with a pipette. My acans get HUGE

i use the freeze dried cyclop-eeze regularly and my tank loves it. I usually put a portion in a small (baby food) jar with tank water and shake it up before feeding, and then poor in or spot feed with a pipette. My acans get HUGE

That is good, I will try that. Do you need to give it some time to absorb the water? Rehydrate?

thanks,

doh, that reminds me I need to start feeding my cyclopeeze again in my 40! Stopped in the 90 due to the cyano issues, and never really restarted :D

I use the freeze dried stuff... - just soak it for an hour or so in tank water and dump in... or keep some in a small dispenser in the fridge like others suggest.

Since my fish eat it as well I like to throw a lil Selcon in for the soak also.

Barbie hooked us up with frozen rotifers and our corals all polyp for those even the favias that usually don't for cyclopeze. I think they're both good though. Never tried coral frenzy.

Coral Frenzy is good for SPS. Some, maybe even most, SPS have too small of polyps (mouths) for Cyclopeeze or Rotifers. Coral Frenzy is a smaller particulate size. It's also more convenient, because it's in powder form that you mix with saltwater. I do think that most of my corals respond more to the Cyclopeeze than the Coral Frenzy though. I'll have to try the frozen rotifers!

Coral Frenzy is good for SPS. Some, maybe even most, SPS have too small of polyps (mouths) for Cyclopeeze or Rotifers. Coral Frenzy is a smaller particulate size. It's also more convenient, because it's in powder form that you mix with saltwater. I do think that most of my corals respond more to the Cyclopeeze than the Coral Frenzy though. I'll have to try the frozen rotifers!

My sps corals will eat mysis shrimp and formula one frozen foods, so I don't think their polyps are too small for cyclopeze and rotifers. They get the addition of fish poo too.

Back