Appetite for Cyclopeeze

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The prawn eggs I've been getting are also fantastic food for small polyp corals. It's rumored you can get mandarins eating them readily, but I haven't had that sort of luck yet ;).

Barbie

I use the oyster feast from Reef nutrition. I don't really notice a huge difference between when I use that or coral frenzy or phyto or anything of the others. I rotate my food so each one is only fed once a week. I need to get some cyclopeeze, but no one around here has it in for some reason. I wanted to see if my mandarin will eat it.

mmmm....oyster feast...with oyster ovarian tissue....mmmmmm. I personally like the DT's better, but it's so expensive to feed to a 240.

i use powder zoo plankton one day and phytoplankton another day and i also use frozen cubes of coral frenzy and some of my corals love each one :) and same with my feather starfish but when i feed my zoo my fish tend to try and eat most of it lol so i spot feed also.
Heres a question is it good to feed with the lights off or on or right before they come on?

I feed about an hour after my actinics kick off. I don't know if that's when you're supposed to or not, but that's just what I do.

Feeding after lights out is usually more productive. That's when most corals have their feeding tentacles out. I feed an hour or two before lights come on, in the morning. The only reason I do this, as apposed to feeding before I go to bed, is so I can see the great polyp extension when lights come on. Sometimes, it's the best time to take pics, for me anyway.

ok i tried that out today so we will see how it goes because i was feeding before the lights went out when i got home from work

Today I fed cyclopeeze before I turned on the lights and guess what?!! I have had more polyp extention than ever! I had been feeding a mixture of mysis shrimp, cyclopeeze, coral frenzy and oyster eggs at night. I have never had that much polyp extention before. Keep in mind the extention was not that much but for my corals it was more than 50 per cent! I was happy! The extentions were out all day! Debbie

Back