~~April 21, 2007 PSAS Meeting ~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well there is internet at our hotel so I can actually check some stuff out tonight! Adelaide, anywhere for a premeeting is fine with me, we have a GPS so if we have a name or address we should be able to find it. I look forward to chating with you and other people from the club!
Cheers,
Tracy

Flying Pie Pizzeria
(425) 391-2407
30 Front Street South
Issaquah, WA

This place is in Issaqua. Pizza was fantastic. Its right next to Blue Sierra. I thought it was called Izzys. I am sorry Adelaide. Round Table is close but I do not know address. I am game for a prefunction. If meeting is at 6pm. How about a 4pm prefunction? Adelaide you pick the place please.

Round Table or Pizzeria next to Blue Sierra?

Adelaide,
I am leaving shortly. Please call me and post where you want to prefunction.
509-374-0815 home
509-948-4013 cell
Ed:)

Ok, I am going to sweeten the deal. I just heard from Blue Sierra. They are offering deals from 430-530 pm for PSAS members. So how does PIzzeria sound now at 4pm?

Blue Sierra Sale Items for PSAS Meeting

Blue Sierra will be offering the following on sale for the meeting members:

Extra 20% OFF all LiveStock or DryGoods!!!

10% Normal PSAS discount + 15% Extra = 30% OFF All LiveStock and DryGoods

Also Salt Buckets either IO or Oceanic $32

Hope you will enjoy!!!

Nice to get to talk with everyone. Thanks for the pizza and sodas Ed! And thanks Adelaide for the great talk, pods, and for letting me pick your brain a while. Hope to make it to more meetings in the future and run in to you all again.

Cheers,
Tracy

Nice to get to talk with everyone. Thanks for the pizza and sodas Ed! And thanks Adelaide for the great talk, pods, and for letting me pick your brain a while. Hope to make it to more meetings in the future and run in to you all again.

Cheers,
Tracy

Tracy and Patrick,
It was nice to meet more of the Spokane Reef Society. I will look forward to talking to you in future.
Rick and Shannon,
Thank you for being so cool, helping with equiptment. Nice one on one chat.
Josh,
You too with PC support and always good reef conversation.
Adelaide,
You looked good. I am glad you had the idea of prefunction. Its nice to meet people outside of classroom. I think this is a must before meetings.

Jonas at Blue Seirra,
I saw several buckets of Reef Crystals go out with the special you gave us for one hour. 30 percent off goods and Livestock. The prices were very reasonable before hand. I wanted that pipe fish deal. I was just afraid of the wait for lecture and trip home. It was very tempting and I sure enjoyed the education on pipe fish with Tracy and Josh and You Jonas for being honest about which fish is known for eating red bugs. :)

Lets see if anyone can recognize this person. You never know who you will meet at a Prefunction. Talk about a Cool Dude! Here is a clue...J.B

Please check out this pizza and this guy!

Last edited:
Essential Live Foods talk with Dr Adelaide Rhodes.

We had a few obastacles Saturday. The room was locked. But the positive side of that was people lined up outside and talked about Reef Keeping.
When you have a well traveled Scientist that has experienced MACNA, IMAC, MARS, you want to learn their experiences.

Adelaide prompted me for current events taking place.

The lecture talking about how pods reproduce, the different type of pods.
A question if Flat worms eat pods. They compete for same food. But no data about them actually eating pods. The strange looking predator pods.
The pods that eat corals (red bugs). The predators of pods. How to treat a fish infected with predator pod. How pod enters body of fish. I never thought that bristle worms ate pods, they do. I never knew that crabs such as emerald crabs eat pods. Emerald crabs do eat pods. Rotifers produce waste differently than pods.
We learned the fact that Mandarin gobies are actually dragonets. The requirements of keeping a mandarin. The difference between a gobie and dragonette. I have to admit. This meeting was very personal with most of the people hanging around util close to nine pm to ask questions one on one. I believe the atmosphere was very relaxed.
Here are a few pictures of hatchery, Zooplankton Reactor.
I went to get drinks and missed a few minutes of this or I would give more detail. Thanks Todd for covering for me.:)

All and All there were ideas of ways to make club a more enjoyable place for all shared. I reminded people of elections coming up and we need volunteers to make this place new and exciting all the time. :)

I want to say Thanks again to our Local Scientist Dr Adelaide Rhodes for sharing. I hope to see you next month.
Ed:)

I was short with above message about meeting. There was a lot on one on one talk at this meeting at Pizza Place. I feel this brings a sence of togetherness. Tracy talked about a Predatation presentation she did for Spokane Reef Society. I am hoping she will share more on that with group.
Adelaide taught us many things. I just wish I was a good student and remember all of them inbetween running for pop, lol.
Here is something else I learned.
Bristleworms are predators of Pods. Bristleworms get their pink color from eating pods.

Blue Sierra will be offering the following on sale for the meeting members:

Extra 20% OFF all LiveStock or DryGoods!!!

10% Normal PSAS discount + 15% Extra = 30% OFF All LiveStock and DryGoods

Also Salt Buckets either IO or Oceanic $32

Hope you will enjoy!!!

How long are you offering this sale?

Mark,
They did this for members for about a hour the day of meeting. The sale was from 430-530 so members could go to meeting. I am sorry this has passed.

No problem Ed. I am sorry we didn't get a chance to chat but we were so hungry after Adelaide's presentation, we decided to bolt. Hadn't eaten since the morning and it was a full day. I look forward to the next meeting.

I thought she provided great information regarding Copopod competitors and predators. I will be getting some live cultures from her soon (hopefully next meeting) to start increasing populations in my tank. I have been hoping to add a mandarin but am trying to wait the six months at least so as not to starve him.

Hi Everyone - I am happy to have had such a positive and upbeat group of people to help me through my nervousness of talking in public. No matter how many times I do it, I still get a terribly dry throat, and get stuck in the middle of sentences. I think the groups was just the right size, and it was great to meet Tracy (again!) because I was too busy to talk at MACNA.

Thanks to Ed for pulling it all together -- he really saved the meeting, and we had some fun too!!

I missed the raffle, and the frag swap type of stuff. I hope we get this back at the next meeting, because it gives us all a reason to chat a little - it's a great icebreaker.

Regards,

Adelaide

Back